Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Help- Control Panel went out all at once

HI,
I was working on my plumbing system today and everything on my control panel was functioning correctly (water pump, levels, lights). All of a sudden, everything on the control panel went dead- no lights or water pump control. I checked the fuse behind the control panel and it appeared to be fine. The rest of the electrical system (a/c, lights) are working fine. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how it can be fixed? I am new to A/S and just got a '71 Overlander.
Thanks,
Miles
milesmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Look at the fuses inside your univolt or the fuse box and or verify you have power coming to the control panel.
Hope you figure it out.
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

do you have battries installed?or are you on shore power?
desi arnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

I have d/c battery and shore power. I do have a fuse out on the d/c side so it isn't working, but the system has been run exclusively on shore power the last few days. There is only one fuse box correct? What is a univolt? Sorry I'm pretty cluesless, but willing to learn.

Thanks,

Miles
Old 07-20-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Look for a box near the battery it is the 12 volt power converter and most likely has several fuses in it. It is a steel box that is plugged in a 110 volt wall outlet and provides 12 volt power to run dc system and keep battery charged.
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

There is one blown fuse in the box, but I believe it was already blown prior to this problem. There is another fuse that looks suspicious so I will replace both fuses today. I'll let you all know the results. It looked like whoever installed the fuses used one that was too long and it iwas contacting another fuse. Is there a fuse dedicated only to the control panel? That's seems to be the only electrical problem thus far.

Miles
Old 07-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

while we our on the subject.... My panel lights up put the ights never move. Our water pump doesn't work, so I havn't put any water in the fresh tank. While we were camping our black tank never moved, so after 3 days we drained it. Ours lights up at 1/2 tank to start with. I guess I could keep running water in the toilet and see if it ever moves. Just curious on how long it takes to move.
early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:03 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

they could be stuck from sludge? maybe fill the tanks with some cleaner and let it sit awhile? i could be wrong but it's a good guess.
desi arnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:08 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

fixed it

It was a faulty fuse. It threw me because it wasn't broken into, but discolored white from overheating? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:51 AM   #10
Really Cheap

I have an extra contol panel borad (the blue thing with wires and stuff) I case you need it
BTW We should start The 71 overlader club (upp all 10 of us)
Old 06-29-2006, 08:56 PM   #11

1972 31' Sovereign
austin , Minnesota
I just posted a thread on 'no power to control panel'. I'm going to check my fuses again...only saw one blown but still no power to the control panel. I'll keep you posted...thanks folks...
marvande is offline   Reply With Quote