Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #21
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Hi, Cat,

On my 79 Excella 500 there is a short plug to right and slightly to the rear of the bottom mounted spare tire. Inside, it goes to an old style phone junction box just to right of the fuse panel and behind the sliding doors. Outlets were in the credenza and beside the TV/12 VDC panel between the rear twins.

I unelaborately run both my phone wire and cable out through the fridge access door. I've been meaning to get fancier about that, but it's a contest to see what I can fix and what it can break, so so far I'm still repairing instead of upgrading.

Lamar
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #22
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
I've finally figured out where the litter box is going!
I'm going to design a space at the foot of my bed in the back room, accessible through the back 'trap-door' (to clean out etc.).... There'll be a pine frame for the bed, which will frame-in the back trapdoor 'compartment'. There I'll put in another kitty door...for her to have entrance to the "Litter Compartment" from inside the bedroom...get it? I'll barely hear her use the little box...and there'll be no smell either. I'll keep the little handi-vac in the compartment tucked back against the 'wall'...to vacuum it out when I 'change' the litterbox---from OUTSIDE through the trapdoor. Never will see the litterbox from the inside!...See!?! & No shower issue! ;o)
How's that?

And I've figured out about the TV Cable and phone cord too. I posted this in that thread...and can't find it. So, if anyone knows how to find it...let me know here please?

Thanx.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #23
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Hi, Cat,
On my 79 Excella 500 there is a short plug to right and slightly to the rear of the bottom mounted spare tire. Inside, it goes to an old style phone junction box just to right of the fuse panel and behind the sliding doors. Outlets were in the credenza and beside the TV/12 VDC panel between the rear twins.
I unelaborately run both my phone wire and cable out through the fridge access door. I've been meaning to get fancier about that, but it's a contest to see what I can fix and what it can break, so so far I'm still repairing instead of upgrading. --Lamar

Hi Lamar---& Hi Annette
Thanx for your imput.
I'm trying to visualize all you guys said, and I'll try to find the ones you mentioned Lamar. But, you'd think in the 6 years I've been doing this...I'd have seem them by now. My spare tire is mounted UNDER the Goucho couch at the hitch end. Is that where you mean? My fuse panel is IN my wardrobe closet in the hall & plus I don't have twin beds.
NOW THE FRIDGE ACCESS DOOR is interesting. I found a couple of wires feed THRU there...but one burned itself onto the aluminum 'floor' of the back of the refrig...and my mechanic shrugged his shoulders ("dunno what that was!" says he as he cuts them)...oh well...good help's hard to find eh?

The phone cord and cable cords are all curled up in the bedroom cupboard like they went through that hole in the floor. But, I'd rather cover that hole up with a piece of aluminum...and run them out like I mentioned above.

ANY COMMENTS?...PLEASE!!!
............Cat
Old 08-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Celina , Ohio
Me too...we have a 97 Safari and cannot locate exterior hook-up for cable and telephone. Where is it ? Only had this AS for a few weeks but I need to know the answer to this issue.....HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
cut up a dog flea collar and put it in your compartments, all of them including waterheater and fridge. This will keep the spiders and insects out.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:19 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Celina , Ohio
Found the TV & Phone hookups....it was in the rear bumper !!!