RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-31-2020, 03:26 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Hanover , Pennsylvania
three day old GFCI issue

If I am reading your problem correctly all your GFI outlets are not working with the exception of the dinette outlet. This make since because this outlet is controlled by circuit breaker 7. All the others are controlled by circuit breaker 3. All these breakers are controlled by circuit breaker 3 being the GCFI breaker. If you look at page 8-28 in your manual you will see this. There is a picture that shows how the outlet are wired (in which order). Page 5-10 shows how to test this breaker. I would make sure that nothing is plugged into an of them when you do your test and reset. If circuit breaker 3 is tripped would assume your refrigerator is running on propane if you are on shore power.

Hope you get this fixed quickly.
rlyoung1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:44 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Erwin , Tennessee
I hope to test tomorrow when i get to borrow neighbors generator. The service manager at AS says almost certainly bad breaker. Said not uncommon for them to replace gfci breaker. Many on this thread seem to thinks its inverter. This doesn't make sense to me but we shall see.

If i read you correctly you saying that refrig setting can be culprit?

One thing i included but i think people overlooked is that the breaker is not tripped. It wont even trip when hitting test button on breaker. I can reset breaker it just doesnt provide power to outlets. This makes little sense to me. Hoping its just the breaker, even though breaker failing day 3 seems unlikely at face value.
NCTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:28 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

the plains , Virginia
When you reset the breaker make sure you flick it all the way over and all the way back. We had a similar problem in our 2007 Safari. I replaced the breaker but that did not correct it. Took it to the Out of Doors Mart here in NC and it turned out to be a grounding wire problem underneath the trailer.
jdcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Buford , Georgia
So for the 'test' button on a GFI outlet/breaker to work it MUST have power - I would assume that the breaker has power unless it has come unseated from the buss bar on the panel, not likely. One thing you can do is push(kinda hard) on the face of the breaker and see if it gives. Other than that make sure (like others have said) you have nothing plugged in to the circuit etc..

John
strangepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:33 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Erwin , Tennessee
Update:

Was able to get generator and troubleshoot. Result was a bad breaker.

No idea how a few day old breaker could just fail so quick but ultimately thats what it was. For what its worth, AS dealer service manager said that they replace breakers frequently, and the GFCI breaker is virtually always the one.
NCTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:06 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Thanks for looping back around on the root cause.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote