Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Windsor , Nova Scotia
Funny glitch in wiring in 68 Tradewind.

Hey all,

Having a weird issue with my 68 Airstream's wiring.

Have traced the voltage from the AC circuit along the road side of the trailer; the line seems to run from the AC supply/circuit breaker, with my new circuit breakers installed, through the bathroom (lights come on fine in the bathroom, both the overhead light and the shaving mirror lights) and through the little cabinet to the right of the door leaving the bathroom. From there they link up to an AC light (one of those funky little 60's looking cone-shaped jobs) and from there the AC line seems to run across the top of the roof over to the stove vent fan in the galley.

AC power seems to reach the marettes inside the closet. However, neither the AC light on the outside wall of the closet nor the ventfan will come on. The circuit breaker does not trip, so it doesn't seem to be a short. I don't seem to be getting voltage over by the vent fan.

Has anyone else run into an issue like this? I would really like to avoid tearing the walls apart to get at the wiring. ANy ideas on ways to fix this wthout getting too radical with the interior?

Much thanks in advance for your kind advice.

Matt
mpovah is offline   Reply With Quote