Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2013 30' International
Topeka , Kansas
extended tanks in truck bed

I am purchasing a duel feed tank for my Honda 2000’s. Can I store the 2 Honda’s and the fuel tank in the bed of my pick up that is enclosed with a cover in 100 temp?
2club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
I would use fuel stabilizer and non-vented cap. Should be fine as I store fuel like that for outboards and lawn mowers in same way. If you store vented, briefly only like less than a week. If enclosed like your covered truck bed, secure properly and do not put food, clothing or bedding or anything you don't want to smell or taste like fuel.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
We store an Atwood marine portable fuel tank (see below) with two Honda EU2000i's in our pickup bed, under a hard tonneau cover, in 119-degree weather in Phoenix, AZ.

Fuel tank swells up from pressure; but it does not leak fuel or fumes, because it is designed for this.

Important note: Our fuel tank is NOT stored with extended run fuel lines installed. The fuel fitting where an extended run fuel line would be installed is plugged with a brass plug.

Honda's do not leak fuel either, but they always smell a little of gas. The Hondas are transported in Rubbermaid Action Packer heavy-duty tote boxes with weather strip seals added around lid. Fuel smell is confined to inside of storage boxes.

I agree with comment on using fuel stabilizer for fuel saved more than a month or so. It's probably a good idea to either use up the fuel after a two-week vacation (put it in your TV or car) or just add Sta-Bil every time you fill the portable fuel tank. See link below.

==========

Attwood 6-Gallon Fuel Tank - Walmart.com

ActionPacker® Cargo Box / Bin | Rubbermaid

http://www.walmart.com/ip/STA-BIL-Fu...lizer/16645039
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2013 30' International
Topeka , Kansas
Thanks for the help. I want to do some boon docking and don't want to move the Honda's and the extended tank in and out of the pick up truck each day when i go fishing.
2club is offline   Reply With Quote