Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2018, 05:01 PM   #161
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Are you sure you used the right white wire?

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:05 PM   #162
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
I don't understand how EasyStart could screw up the modes available on the thermostat. Have you tried removing the EasyStart to see how it works without it?

Available modes are set, IIRC, with DIP switches on the AC control board. By any chance did you disturb one or more of them while manipulating wiring, etc.? Probably not since the control board is in the lower unit. Do you have the installation manual that shows how the switches should be set? If not you might try to download it to confirm that the unit is still configured properly.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #163
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
That is my issue. I don't know it would affect the modes either.
As far as I know I didn't touch anywhere near the dip switches. I could see them and all seem to be on eccept for the one that says zone 2 and the one for humidity control.
Didn't touch anything in the liver unit.
Where would one download the correct settings?
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Yes. The one coming through the hole that went to the compressor?
Old 05-06-2018, 06:02 PM   #165
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
Are you sure you used the right white wire?
Forgot the quote. Yes. The one from the compressor.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #166
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
You might pull the interior intake side and make sure the thermostat control wires are connected. I was in there for a different reason and was surprised to see what a mess of wires it was and how flimsy the connections are. I suspect it's the sort of thing that could get disturbed just by pulling on something up top.

I hope that helps!
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:38 PM   #167
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
You might pull the interior intake side and make sure the thermostat control wires are connected. I was in there for a different reason and was surprised to see what a mess of wires it was and how flimsy the connections are. I suspect it's the sort of thing that could get disturbed just by pulling on something up top.

I hope that helps!
It's a thought. Right now I'm trying to find the correct model# to see the dip switch configuration. You never know, it doesn't take much to jiggle those things.
Thanks for the suggestions.

George
Old 05-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #168
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
OP....Thanks.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #169
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post
That is my issue. I don't know it would affect the modes either.
As far as I know I didn't touch anywhere near the dip switches. I could see them and all seem to be on eccept for the one that says zone 2 and the one for humidity control.
Didn't touch anything in the liver unit.
Where would one download the correct settings?
Here is one manual:
manuals.adventurerv.net/Dometic-Brisk-Air-Conditioner-3109395.032.pdf

The same location has others, you can look for yours.
http://manuals.adventurerv.net/

It appears the DIP switches are marked. You said you had zones 1 and 4? The zone 4 switch should be off. If it is off and the thermostat is showing you zone 4, I think you have a thermostat problem.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #170
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
FYI to everyone. I've been in a direct e-mail dialog with George (gandttimes) about his situation. We're looking at the most likely causes first, which are:

1) 6-pin connector (with 12VDC) at the bottom of the board
2) The two RJ-12 connectors at the bottom of the board
3) The DIP switch settings.

#2 has pretty much been eliminated. Working on the other two now.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:28 PM   #171
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Hi all. Matteo as usual has been extremely helpful. I am hopeful that one more trip up to check the dip switch settings will do it.
As was noted, I shouldn't have a zone 4 so if that switch got set then possibly others were reset incorrectly by accident. If memory serves,when I was last up there, I remember at least one switch being incorrect.
Will hopefully have a happy ending to this chapter in the am.
Thanks to all fir your interest and help. Much apreciated.
George.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #172
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post
Hi all. Matteo as usual has been extremely helpful. I am hopeful that one more trip up to check the dip switch settings will do it.
As was noted, I shouldn't have a zone 4 so if that switch got set then possibly others were reset incorrectly by accident. If memory serves,when I was last up there, I remember at least one switch being incorrect.
Will hopefully have a happy ending to this chapter in the am.
Thanks to all fir your interest and help. Much apreciated.
George.
George, hope you figure it out, but when I put my ES in last year I had a similar issue with error code. Found out the dip switch settings were off, got bumped during install. When I set switches accordingly, problem went away. My bet is your issue is dip switch settings. Good Luck
Old 05-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #173
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
One of the best features of Easy Start is Matteo's response if you have a problem. Very prompt and helpful.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #174
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
George, hope you figure it out, but when I put my ES in last year I had a similar issue with error code. Found out the dip switch settings were off, got bumped during install. When I set switches accordingly, problem went away. My bet is your issue is dip switch settings. Good Luck
So this morning I double checked the dip switch settings with the information that Matteo sent and they were way off. Corrected them, checked all my wiring one more time and checked the thermostat. At first it was exactly the same. Then I remembered the reset and after that all modes and zone 1 came on.
I forgot about the delay so when I first tried the a/c I got worried but then it started up fine for that start and for 4 more.
Tried it with my Kipor 2000 and fired up right away. All is good.
Thanks all for your interest and suggestions and thanks especially to Matteo for even being there on a Sunday.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #175
AVS
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Chino Hills , California
That's awesome to hear!

What a great bunch of people that make up this forum and who go out of there way to help.
AVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #176

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We finally got around to installing our EasyStart in Lucy. We have had it for almost a year, but just couldn't seem to get around to taking on the job.

About a week ago, SuEllyn decided that she was going to install the EasyStart. She read this entire thread and all of the appropriate You-Tubes. She also reviewed all of the information available on the Micro-Air Website.

She went up on Lucy's roof, removed the Dometic cover. She photographed the innards of Lucy's air conditioner. She planned her install with all of the information that she had reviewed and gathered the necessary tools to complete the install. She also took pictures of the dip switch setting in the electrical box in case anything got jostled during the install.

She had a couple additional question. She called Micro-Air and spoke with Roger who was very helpful.

She got back up on Lucy's roof yesterday morning and got to work. It took her about three hours (she did take a couple of breaks to cool off). We had also ordered the install kit which we found most helpful in completing the installation. We used every part in it.

SuEllyn double checked all of the wiring connections and reassembled the air conditioner. We re-hooked Lucy to her 30 amp power, and started running the learning cycles. On the fourth cycle we noticed a significant difference on Lucy's volt meter when her air conditioner compressor kicked on. It went from a significant bump to almost none. We have continued using the air conditioner on shore power. Sometime today or tomorrow, we will test the system using our Honda 3000 in the ECO mode.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #177
3 Rivet Member

1974 21' Globetrotter
2016 30' International
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-Air View Post
Hi 70CT. Sorry you're having trouble. Please send me a PM and I'll do my best to assist you.

For anyone following, I wanted to provide the resolution.

Matteo helped me verify the Easy Start was not the issue. The issue ended up being a bad thermasitor. Replaced the thermasistor, reset the thermostat and I was off to the races.

Daniel
70CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #178
Electronic Controls OEM
Commercial Member

Allentown , New Jersey
Thank you, Daniel!

FYI to everyone. Micro-Air will again be exhibiting this year at the 2018 WBCCI International Rally in Salem, OR. Please stop by to say hello!
Old 05-29-2018, 08:45 AM   #179
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Draper , Utah
I posted this Here, but wanted to also included it in this thread.

Quote:
I got the unit in the noon mail on Saturday, and had it installed by dinner time on Saturday. We have an older Dometic Penguin 13,5K on our 2006 Safari. The actual install time only took about 15 mins, but I was going extra slow as to be thorough. That included a trip to home depot and the local autoparts store to buy connectors and a grommet. The install kit included a grommet, but it was a little large for the space where I was working and I wanted something smaller. I wanted to use quick disconnects so I could easily remove the unit if I needed to. I used a suitcase connector to connect to 3 way connection to the main white wire to the compressor.

The unit worked no problem on 20 amp shore power from the garage. It did the 5 program starts that way. It did trip the breaker in the garage when I turned the fridge from gas to auto/A/C. (I thought I had turned off the thermostat to go inside but I had not.) Went to open the garage doors and they wouldn't go up. No harm no foul.

However, I couldn't not get the A/C unit to run at 100% efficiency when connected to our 1800W (continuous power rating) Ryobi generator. I will add that we are at almost 5,000', so that 1800W at our house is closer to 1,500W (I have not re-jetted the carb in the ryobi). I want to try again at a lower elevation (we'll have the chance on our cross country trip this summer). The unit would blow cool air, but not COLD like I could get from shore power. However, I'm nor sure if that was because the chiller unit had already been cooled from being connected to shore power. A wee bit disappointed, but it has zero to do with the operation of the 364, just the limitations of our equipment and what we're asking it to do.

It's been cold and rainy here the past two days so I still have some trouble shooting to do. I'd love to try the unit with a Honda 2000 or other generator to see what would happen. I want to hook the trailer up to the ryobi on a warmer day and let it run for a while to see if it makes a difference.

I will tell the forum like I told my wife when I got done with the install, This is THE BEST money we've spent on the trailer since we bought it. I know that any A/C outlet that I can find will cool the trailer. It makes us a lot more versatile.
ShullsinUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:42 PM   #180
1 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Fayette , Alabama
Will the easy start work with a 1970 style ac unit?
NoStew is offline   Reply With Quote