Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Easy Start at Home

Just an info post. I have had an Easy Start on my trailer A/C for a couple of years now and have been very happy with its performance for regular use and the occasional run with my Honda 2K.
But you may not know that they make a bigger unit, the 368, for home use. I installed that for a couple of reasons. First, my 4+ ton unit blinks the lights on start up(also a water pump starts simultaneously) and I had to install small UPS units to prevent restart of sensitive electronics like my TIVO. Second, 4 days on my generator during hurricane Florence last year showed that my 20k Kohler would start the A/C but it really did not like it.
I have been running the 368 about 10 days now and I wish I had done it years ago. I was worried about the Trane warranty, tried to get the Trane soft start device, and finally gave up. The Easy Start install was very simple and did not require me to get on the roof of the trailer!
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
This is a very timely post, thank you.
We’ve burned out 2 capacitors on our 4 ton unit and our lights dim as well when the unit starts. It also sounds like truck slamming into gear when it starts up.

Did you do the install yourself?

Ian
Iansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Yeah, the control panel on the compressor is right there after you take the side off and they put a nice terminal block for wires. Much nicer and cleaner than the stuff on the trailer.

Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote