Originally Posted by dallas
There is a black plug under the stove that I can connect a little charger on to and after a couple of hours the lights are much brighter for a while after I disconnect but than it seems the charge is weakening and they go back to being dim. There is also a black rocker switch that looks like it is factory installed down towards the bottom of the wall the stove is on that I can click three ways and one of them makes the convertor or univolt system hum. Any way I do the rocker switch the lights stay dim.
Sounds like perhaps the Univolt, or the battery wiring is having problems.
The lights should brighten as you turn on the Univolt.
If the auxilliary charger brings more brightness to the lights, than that measn that tere is a temporary charge on the battery. This would be the Univolt's job, to keep the battery charged and keep the light bright.....