Control Panel fix!
My control panel had three bulbs in it that were pulling too much current through the solder lines on the board.
The solder actually melted on the main power line on the board.
This meant that nothing worked on my control panel.
(BTW: It takes alot of current to melt solder: that current comes from your battery)
I pulled the board out and re-soldered the broken trace and put LEDS in the place of the bulbs.
That was ten years ago and the LEDs still shine bright.
They take alot less energy than the original bulbs and don't run your battery down.
If your old control panel is on the lamb this might be the fix.