Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2020, 08:08 AM   #1

2020 25' Globetrotter
Tustin , California
Ceiling lights and roadside uppers cabinet lights not working

Hi AS forum community,
I recently purchased a 2020 25’ FBT Globetrotter...It has been nothing short of a dream for my wife and two young children. I got the dual AC option with 400 watts of solar installed. I recently had the dealer in Orange County CA install the easy start on one of our AC units so it can easily start with our generator. When I picked up the rig and took it home I realized the ceiling lights (front and back) and upper cabinet lights (on the roadside only), won’t turn on. The upper cabinet lights normally engage upon opening but the two uppers on the roadside stay dark.

I called the dealer and they’ve reached out to HQ and are currently troubleshooting the issue (mentioned something about a loose harness but haven’t located where quite yet)... so I thought I’d see if anyone in the community has run into this issue before and has a fix.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

All the best,
Stubbs
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:50 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
hope that the service folks didn't cut the wires near AC.

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
GVA , British Columbia
Take it back to the dealer, who knows but them if they where working before the upgrade install then the ball is in their court .
Old 05-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
Seems odd they would have been doing any work inside where the 12V wiring passes but who knows. Adding an easy start should all have been done from the outside of the trailer. Maybe they were messing with wiring to the AC controller and impacted the 12V wiring.

Check the 12V thermal breakers / fuses first.

Next ask the dealer just what they touched. Were they messing with the in trailer wiring?

If you can't get a straight answer or if you do and they were messing with the wiring, you can access much of it by removing the Return air filters, and poking around up there. most of the 12V ceiling wire goes through that area.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote