Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
???Battery, waterfilter, '04 Bambi...

Greetings.

I have my two Interstate batteries hooked up to a Batery-Minder in my basement, geen light flashing away...

I want to check the fluid levels of those batteries and was wondering if I should/could do this while the two are connect to the Bat-Minder, or should I disconnect before checking? Also, if I do disconnect before checking, should I wait a few hours before prying the caps off to check? The rest I think I know: use distilled water, only fill to just below the ring in batt. Any other suggestions appreciated.

A plumbing ???: I know it has been discussed that along with all things winterizing, you should remove the water filter for the winter as well. Does the '04 Bambi or '04 Bambi CCD have a water filter? I don't recall seeing one, even under the kitchen sink. I've been filtering my water using one of those blue filters that I bought at Walmart. Of coarse it is 5 degrees above zero in Chicago, and my trailer is 32 miles away....

BBBRRR.

Jonathan
Old 01-16-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I too have our interstates in the basement. I would disconnect the charger before cracking them open to top them off. I'd also wear saftey glasses when dealing with it. I would wait about 15-20 minutes after the charger is disconnected before opening. Also, not sure if this is an old tale or not, but I don't keep them on the basement concrete floor. I have them sitting on wood up off the floor.

As for the filter, if you have the one touch kitchen sink, the filter is actually inside the faucet. You can tell if you have the filter faucet by looking at the front of the faucet. If it has a little button, on the front, you have the faucet with a filter, if not, you don't. If you do have one, look in your owners book. You just twist the faucet head, it comes off and gives you access to the filter.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Hey Twink...

Thanks for the reply, hope all is well.

Yeah mine are just sitting on the concrete floor. What have you heard about doing that. I am running in the basement now to place them on a couple of 2x4's.

According to the manual, we have a Moen Integra #87315C. I did not see anything listed in the exploded diagram about a filter as such. I'm just assuming that with my winterizing and pumping the pink stuff through that I did an adequet job. Famous last words......

Also, Pam and I are planning to swing by the RV show at McCormick next weekend. Probably sometime on Saturday. Hope there are some AS there, especially 25' CCD's!!! No, I'm not considering it, due to the fact that I prefer to hang onto various parts of my anatomy. The Toureg, thats a different story...

Jonathan
Old 01-16-2005, 10:58 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Concrete is susposed to drain the batteries, don't know why but just know they say to place them on a board or some other noconductive surface.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
The old rubber case batteries would discharge on concrete or the ground. Newer plastic case ones don't. I have one that I use for 12v power for this and that, it sits on the floor 24/7. Charge it a couple of times a year, no problem. Battery acid will tear concrete up though, still probably a good idea to keep something under it if you care for the floor and it has a tendency to bubble over while charging.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
What everyone said about the batteries.

As for the faucet, I just dug out our manuals and ours on the front says Pure Touch Classic. On page 4 it has the exploded view with filter. Not sure on your model, but if it doesn't have the button on the front of the faucet, chance are that don't have it.

I think we may only go to the Boat and RV show in Rosemont, but who knows. There's always room for an upgrade, we might go to both.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote