RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #21
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Any time you have a control problem, it can be one of a number of issues:

1) There is no power to the control switch, that wire or fuse has an issue.
2) The switch is defective or the connections to the switch are bad
3) The wire from the switch to the solenoid is bad / broken
4) The connection from the wire to the solenoid assembly is bad
5) The solenoid assembly is shot
6) The connection for the return on the solenoid assembly is bad
7) The wire from the return to ground is broke / bad
8) The ground connection on the wire is bad

Unless *all* of those things are ok, the solenoid will not work. Current needs to flow through the entire path in order for it to operate.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
FYI the following Store/Use Button thread is active again:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ng-137040.html

. . . continuing the conversation.

Peter

FYI/FWIW
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #23
Winemaker

2012 28' Flying Cloud
Avila Beach , California
Bob,
I have covered 1,3,4,5,6,7,8. Like I said I have already replaced the solenoid and in doing so checked all the connections, power and grounds. The switch is on order so lets see how that goes. At this point the converter is working fine. When powered up produces 13.3v at the converter and the battery terminals when I can get it to latch. When not latched the voltage at the battery terminals are however they are charged.

I looked at the back of the switch and it has a 5 wire connector. Brown(one side of solenoid) , Red (12v), White (other side of solenoid), Green (?) , and Black (return/ground)

Not sure what the green does? Perhaps chassis ground?

Thanks, Rich
rgwatkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:25 AM   #24
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwatkin View Post
Bob,
I have covered 1,3,4,5,6,7,8. Like I said I have already replaced the solenoid and in doing so checked all the connections, power and grounds. The switch is on order so lets see how that goes. At this point the converter is working fine. When powered up produces 13.3v at the converter and the battery terminals when I can get it to latch. When not latched the voltage at the battery terminals are however they are charged.

I looked at the back of the switch and it has a 5 wire connector. Brown(one side of solenoid) , Red (12v), White (other side of solenoid), Green (?) , and Black (return/ground)

Not sure what the green does? Perhaps chassis ground?

Thanks, Rich
Hi

Given that they don't stick to color codes for very long, you will have to trace out the wires on the switch. It's a real good bet that green is not chassis ground in this case..... The owners manual is generally a good starting point for working out what's what.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote