Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Anyone know what's going on with Bestconverter.com?

I made an order from them a while ago. They charged my card, but I've received no notifications from them other than the initial order. Their website says shipped in two days if it's in stock. Everything I ordered was in stock, but no communication from them.

When I call, the message says they are on another line and to leave a message, but the message box if full and won't take a message.

They don't respond to emails or the contact from from their website either.

I'm beginning to wonder if I just got taken for ~$700.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
I dealt with Best Converter a few weeks ago and the service was excellent. It is a small, family business so it is possible that something has kept them away from their office since you placed your order.

Tim
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:51 PM   #3

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Just bought a converter 2weeks ago, no problem.
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
I've dealt with them before and have been very happy with their service. You didn't mention how long you were waiting, but the delay might have something to do with the long holiday weekend. I'd check back on Monday.
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #5
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I didn't see anything on the internet saying they had closed. It is suspicious. If their phone mailbox was full, obviously no one is taking care of it. If it is a small family run business, a sickness or death can disrupt everything, but it can be hard to find that out as well.

Can you contact them through their website? If so, tell them you are concerned and why. Have you checked your credit card charges and if they did charge the card, when? You may have to file a claim with your credit card company, but wait a few days until you have checked other ways.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:53 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Matthews , North Carolina
I placed an order with them Friday, May 24th. I haven't received any feedback other than the initial order eMail receipt.

Their voicemail is full and no response to my Mails. (I hope all is well with Randy.)

It appears the payment has been authorized but the funds haven't been captured yet.
daboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Oak Creek , Colorado
Just got my lifeline battery from them last week. All good
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
I didn't see anything on the internet saying they had closed. It is suspicious. If their phone mailbox was full, obviously no one is taking care of it. If it is a small family run business, a sickness or death can disrupt everything, but it can be hard to find that out as well.

Can you contact them through their website? If so, tell them you are concerned and why. Have you checked your credit card charges and if they did charge the card, when? You may have to file a claim with your credit card company, but wait a few days until you have checked other ways.
I'll wait a few more days before I do anything. Family run businesses can get overwhelmed. I just wish they'd contact me so I'd know. I called again on Friday and was able to leave a message so someone is checking messages, but no response yet to email, web contact, or voice mail.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:48 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Just called in again and spoke with Randy.

They are apparently alive and well, but not sure what happened to my order. Their looking into now.

Edited: They apparently got overwhelmed over the Holiday and are buried. That's a good problem to have. All is well.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:42 PM   #10
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Glad to hear they are doing too well. Much better than disappearing.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Texas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
Just called in again and spoke with Randy.

They are apparently alive and well, but not sure what happened to my order. Their looking into now.

Edited: They apparently got overwhelmed over the Holiday and are buried. That's a good problem to have. All is well.
Did you ever receive your order? I placed an order with them last week and so far have not received the order or even a shipment confirmation. They are also not responding to email, voicemail, or their online contact system.
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:59 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
Did you ever receive your order? I placed an order with them last week and so far have not received the order or even a shipment confirmation. They are also not responding to email, voicemail, or their online contact system.
This is 4th of July Weekend so they are probably shut down for the week. That's what happened to me. But the lack of communication and OTHER issues with them has guaranteed that I will never place another order with them and will warn any who ask to be cautious about doing business with them.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Texas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
This is 4th of July Weekend so they are probably shut down for the week. That's what happened to me. But the lack of communication and OTHER issues with them has guaranteed that I will never place another order with them and will warn any who ask to be cautious about doing business with them.
Thanks for the update. How long did it take to receive your order?

That's a shame because they used to provide good prices and service several years ago.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:40 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

Texas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboose View Post
I placed an order with them Friday, May 24th. I haven't received any feedback other than the initial order eMail receipt.

Their voicemail is full and no response to my Mails. (I hope all is well with Randy.)

It appears the payment has been authorized but the funds haven't been captured yet.
Did you ever receive your order?