Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2024, 09:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Another strange question

The Ranch, the Escapees co-op that is our winter base, is undergoing what we hope is the final phase of a major electrical upgrade. Our lot is scheduled to get new power pedestals. We will have the standard 50/30/20A outlets, but lots that have both front and rear pedestals (like ours) can have the 50A at only one of the two spots. Right now the only 50A outlet is at the rear. That was perfect for our old Foretravel MH, and I can use an extension cord for this Reflection TT.

We're looking to replace the Reflection with an Airstream when we get back from Alaska in the fall of 2025. We're looking at 2005-2015 (roughly) 28' or longer, rear queen bed models. We prefer a Classic, but will certainly take one of the other trims.

So here's the question: where is the shore power connection on these trailers? Is it more or less centered on the street side, or is it more toward the rear?

If it is farther forward I should probably tell the park to make the front 50A outlet the live one. If it is farther toward the rear I should have the back outlet be the live one.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:14 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Washington , UT
I have a 2018 classic 30rb. My power connection is in the middle of mine
thanx2u2 is offline   Reply With Quote