Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
All 120 outlets are dead

I just plugged in for the first time the AC went on with it's seperate breaker, so that's ok.

According to the diagram the other two breakers are suppose to be one for appl, and one for outlets.

I get power across the breaker it self, I checked the polarity box no power there?

How can I trace this?

I'm new to this but understand basic elec.

The 12 volt lights are working water pump, panel seems ok.

I also tried to get the frig to go on but no luck there either.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Don't know if this is ANY help but....

We have a 1962 ambassador. We have had it for two weeks. Long story short we came home from camping last weekend and cleaned out the camper. My husband started fiddling with the AC it started then stopped. Then the interior lights and plugs wouldn't work. We root caused it back to the cord where you plug it in the 35 foot cord was shorted out. We found nuts inside the bottom closet back in the corner he cut out the cord and found some critter gnawing marks. So I don't know if that is ANY help. We were banging our heads for about a week.
Good Luck,
Heather
Hamb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:34 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1986 27' Sovereign
Farmville , North Carolina
HEY LIPETS Here is the situation, 12 volt system runs off a different board than your 115 volt system, if your 12 volts system is working that is good, now with your 115 volt system , you checked the breaker out and you said it was fine, then it has to be forward of the breaker,, like the line in to your rv.
how are you checking the breaker, and how many volts are you measureing accross the contact points, some time you measure continuity and it dont matter, amperage draws the breaker, so make sure you are getting voltage across the breaker. then between the line in to the breaker for you plugs and what nots is the problem,,,, what are you saying polarity box,,,,, i would make sure you have power to the breaker and power out of the breaker, sounds to me it the breaker that is weak and will not hold the 115 v so change the breaker
gsoter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I just saw the multi meter jump but didn't see exactly how many volts.

I'll check that.

I didn't think it was the shore power line because the AC went on????

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1986 27' Sovereign
Farmville , North Carolina
115volt outlets

I sat in my today and was doing some checking,,,, the A/C is on a totally different circut with its own breaker,,, then I have 4 different breakers,, one is for this side of trailer and other is for other side of trailer and one is for the outlets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you might just have a bad breaker,,,,,,,,,,, you should have about the same setup,,, not using the a/c breaker but one of the others trade it out with a known good one and then check
gsoter is offline   Reply With Quote