Originally Posted by shadeemry
I think I got it, the 12 volts hot was crossed at the frame right by the power jack, this probably explained why the power jack was not working correctly, if at all.. I have not been shocked yet, but hopefully I won't be..scares the crap outa me to even touch the shell with it plugged into shoreline power. Is their a way to tell if the trailer body is hot without risking my life by touching it?
Buy a 'pencil' type "circuit tester; about $10-15. [See Amazon, or any hardware store.]
After you have done all your pedestal checks, and plugged the trailer in and before entering or even touching the RV, approach the trailer, any metal part, and press the button on the tester.
If the light flashes continually, and the 'beeper' beeps, don't touch the trailer anywhere. You would be completing a circuit.
Unplug the power cord, and troubleshoot the supply pedestal.
If pedestal is OK, start 'wringing out' your internal wiring.