Old 07-04-2020, 02:41 PM   #1

2018 16' Sport
austin , Texas
Airstream Bambi 2020 tv sound stinks

Hi there. This is my first time posting.
I am relatively new in that I had a 16' for a couple years and recently upgraded to a 20'. This wasn't really an issue prior because the tv was in the bed area. In the 20', it is by the door and under the AC. I have the tv sound ALL the way up and it sucks!
Is there a way to to get the tv sound to play through the ceiling speakers? If not, do I just need to invest in small speakers for the tv? I am so frustrated.

Thank you for any help.

B Meister

blmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
I was disappointed with the deck (BOSS) controlling the TV. It couldn't get the aspect ratio figured out. I also wanted to run my Bose speaker from the TV.

I just ended up replacing the TV with a 24 inch Samsung monitor with a headphone jack to plug in my speaker. I don't really use the antenna with only a couple of channels.

I have a DVD player that I stuck in the trailer which is plugged into the monitor so we don't use the car stereo anymore and the speakers in the ceiling. I could use my Apple TV in offline mode as well.

I will have to figure out what to do with the deck and speakers later.

For music, I use the Bose speaker and Apple Music with my iPhone and that works very well.

PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:18 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
My trailer always had the capability of TV sound through the overhead speakers using the SONY headunit, but I concluded that even that was poor, because the sound is aimed down, not at your ears. Even many TV's have the same problem with cheap small speakers aimed down. I installed a soundbar under my TV and it makes a world of difference. Better quality sound, aimed right at you.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
The challenge with the 22" LG is that it only has one HDMI input and a cable input. There are no audio outputs so no way to hook up a speaker or soundbar. That's why I changed the monitor to one with audio output. I found the Samsung 24" curved monitor fits on the mounting arm with no adjustments. This is the one that I got: LC24F390FHNXZA at Bestbuy.

We lost the cable TV ability with this setup so currently can only play music and watch DVD's or Apple TV (in offline mode unless you have WIFI).

If I want to add Cable TV, I would need to get a Cable/HMDI converter but that's not a priority for us with only 4 channels!
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote