Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #1

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
dallas , Texas
'84 345 le on a P30 chassis

i just recently bought a trailer to use to tow my tow car, and the 4 round trailer outlet wasnt compatible with any of the 4 way round to 4 flat converters sold, so i cut the converter i bought in half and wired the 4 flat portion to my rv. everything worked fine, however i came to find out the 20amp fuse that is tied to it, melted. i replaced and again it started to melt, this time i caught it before it could melt totally thank god. is this happening cause i improperly wired the wires to the wires on the new outlet? this very well could be true, since my coach didnt have the standard, brown, white, yellow and green wires, it had red, red, green, and white. it took me a long time through trial and error to get them to work. and now i think i may have hooked it up improperly. any help would be great thanks.
jdmii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, fuse, fuse panel