Like Bill said, do not trust the old wiring. When I removed the skin on my 54 Cruiser, there were several places where the insulation on the wires had chaffed on the aluminum exposing the conductor. One wire had even shorted and the previous owner had wired around the short. At any rate, the thing was a death trap. On my 67 Caravel
, the 110v wiring was aluminum, and while doing that restoration I found areas behind the wall where the circuit had gotten hot, either from overloading or loose conductors, and burned the insulation off the wires. Wire is too cheap for those headaches.