Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
DentsAndFiliform

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Wilsonville , Oregon
Angry 26U Solar Monitor Placement

Hello all,

We just got a 26U that replaces our Flying Cloud 28. We had the dealer install flexible solar panels. My question is, if anyone out there has solar on their 26U, where was the monitor placed inside the trailer? I'm not thrilled where they put ours. It's almost on the floor, in the front of the trailer, under the dinette tables. I can't read it unless I get down on hands and knees, under the tables if they have been set up. If we have the dinette converted into a bed, I can't read the monitor at all. The monitor was on the wall in the galley area on our 28'. I'm going to have them move it somewhere that allows me to read it without doing too many gymastics.

Thanks
Dents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The typical solar monitor placement in most of the modern layouts is in the vicinity of the stove. If it's not there then on the wall by the fridge.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote