I have a 1965
Safari Landyatch with a univolt model 30 original unit that started producing strong sulfur gases that even the neighbors could smell and thought was a septic issue. However it happens even when disconnected from the RV park septic system. It did not happen when we originally purchased the trailer. we had many repairs completed which included a new holding tank and toilet. The last time the smell was unbearable and while trying to locate the source we noticed the battery was extremely hot. since then we installed a new battery and tested the voltage from the univolt and found it is 12.6 with a blown 30 amp load fuse. If you replace the 30 amp load fuse the voltage output is 14.6 volts. However the load fuse blows within 5 minutes or so. Does anyone have any idea or heard of this before? I suspect the univolt model 30 is overcharging but not sure why the 30 load fuse blows all the time.