Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
12 volt confusion??

If there is already a thread explaning this, then please forgive. I have been studying the Owners Manual for our Argosy Minuet - which, unfortunately, is more of a manual for the regular Argosy line with a bit of Minuet info added. One thing that was added was a picture of both the 6.0 Minuet and the 6.7 Minuet electrical outlet positions. According to the picture the 6.7 Minuet is suppose to have standard, both 110 and 12 volt toward the front of the trailer and in the bath area. What I see at the front (streetside) of our trailer is what looks like a regular 110 outlet and in the bath area a regular 110 outlet next to the mirror and under the mirror what looks like a cigarette lighter outlet (which I understand from reading should be the 12 volt). I am wondering if anyone w/a Minuet is finding something different or can what looks like the 110 up front also somehow be wired for 12 volt and use a regular plug? I am a real beginner in understanding this electrical stuff, so be kind

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:43 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Leigh, the thing that looks like a cigarette lighter outlet is the 12v outlet. There SHOULD be one in the bathroom, and one mounted streetside near the dinette, where the TV antenna outlet is, in the same housing. They did a few, umm, strange things with the Argosies, you may have to do a search and find mission to locate it.

Terry
Old 09-20-2004, 07:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
12 volt confusion??

Greetings Leigh!

My research points to the likelihood that Minuets (at least the 6.0 Metre variety) only received the front 12-volt outlet IF the factory installed the television antenna. My Minuet did not have a factory installed antenna so only had the 12-volt outlet in the bathroom - - my dealer installed a 12-volt outlet with the antenna after I purchased the coach.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:45 AM   #4
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hi There Guys - HMMMMM... any chance that either of you would have a picture of where up front (streetside) your 12 volt is? We do have the TV antenna, and a verrrrry long cable inside that the TV can be hooked up to (haven't used it and it is coiled up and stashed away above the window on that side), but I do not remember anything visible that looks the same as that cigarette lighter (12v) outlet in the bath. Just the outlet (which seems to be 110) above the dinette (streetside). I looked at the Manual again, and it actually says the 6.7 is SUPPOSE to have STANDARD, a 12v at front dinette, bath area AND above the kitchen galley. So far, ours seems to just have the bath one. So confusing!!!! You know what else.... the 6.7 was suppose to come STANDARD with the aluminum floor also....go figure!!!!

PS - Terry, I hope everything is going OK for you. Did you have to leave your area?

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 09-21-2004, 11:59 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
12 volt confusion??

Greetings Leigh!

I have a theory, but it may not be correct - - I believe that Argosy may have still been using the twin-lead-flat-cable for the television rather than the current coax - - your coach's former owner may have upgraded to the coax and in so doing did away with the 12-volt outlet that was likely part of the original television antenna+booster/12-volt outlet combo that was often used in Argosy/Airstream products. My suggestion would be to examine closely the walls/cabinets near where you find your current television antenna lead for evidence of a 12-volt outlet or unidentified wires.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 09-21-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
OK the authority of the house (in matters of cable anyway~~!!) says the TV cable is definately co-axle. So, now I want to see what the original equipment looked like>?? Anyone got pics???? Please.

Old 09-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
12 volt confusion??

Greetings Leigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78
OK the authority of the house (in matters of cable anyway~~!!) says the TV cable is definately co-axle. So, now I want to see what the original equipment looked like>?? Anyone got pics???? Please.
Here is a link to a thread that discusses the style of television antenna/amplifier/12-volt receptacle that I believe would have been original equipment on our Minuets. If you scroll down toward the bottom of the first page, there is a photo of the outlet.

Television Antenna receptacle/12-volt Outlet Discussion

Good luck with your investigations!

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 09-21-2004, 03:51 PM   #8
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Kevin - thanks for the link! Those pics help alot to see what to look for. Don't remember anything like that in trailer off the top of my head. But then, I didn't know what I was looking for. Might be right in front of my face and then again....

Tags
12 volt

« univolt | Top | satellite »