Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 23' International CCD
vero beach , Florida
Yahooooo!

Hi..my name is Sherry and I just bought my first Airstream. It is FABULOUS! I tried it out in the hothothot Florida Keys and it was better than I could have imagined. I have wanted an Airstream for a long long time and a series of unfortunate life events (in retrospect maybe they were actually fortunate life events!) made me realize it was "Now or Never, Baby!!" Since I am a Florida girl, I just had to buy the International Ocean Breeze. Now all of my friends want one and I sure hope they go ahead and do the deed and travel with me. Thanks for a great website..makes me feel a lot better! Hope to see you soon!
sherrylynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Welcome Sherry. You will definitely meet a lot of nice folks on this forum, and great resources when those little problems pop up. Looking forward to seeing you at some of the rally's around the country.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Hi Sherry! Welcome to the forums! You got yourself one sweet rig and I hope you have many years of fun with it. Post some pictures OK? I love the keys even though I was only there once. I'd like to tow my AS down there someday. Happy Travels!

Steve
Old 07-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:44 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Hey Sherry,

Welcome to the Forums and congrats on your new baby!

What are you pulling it with?

I have been lusting for a 23' since they came out. Maybe it's time to upgrade the 19CCD

Enjoy your new toy....it's not hard to do!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
Talking And never look back

You have not only purchased a Airstream, it's a whole new way of life. Florida has some of the best State Parks in the country. Take a freind or two with you some time and they will also be hooked.
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Congratulations Sherry and welcome to the forum. Good choice of trailer from everything I've read on them here. Have fun, fun, fun and don't forget to post pictures of your camping adventures.

Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:10 AM   #8
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Hello, Welcome to Airstreaming

That's a great story. Many times tragedy begets opportunity and it sounds like you've made the most of your circumstances! Airstreams are contageous and I bet your friends give this some serious thought.

My wife and I have stayed in several of the state parks in Florida - they have all been great. We made all of our reservations through reserveamerica.com. We've always wanted to go to the Keys - it's still on our list of things to do so we're envious.

See ya down the road.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #9
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster

I have been lusting for a 23' since they came out. Maybe it's time to upgrade the 19CCD

Enjoy your new toy....it's not hard to do!!!
Welcome Sherry.

Lew, if you do, you'll join the ranks of oh so many folks that started with a 19' and moved on up like "The Jeffersons"!

...present company included.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:56 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Welcome Sherry and congrats on the new Airstream. My wife and I are currently looking at a 27FB CCD Ocean Breeze, one question however. Did you get much condensation on the inside?? My plans are to do much travel in the south Florida area and this is a concern.

Thanks and Good Luck
Bill and Jean
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankandLois
Welcome Sherry and congrats on the new Airstream. My wife and I are currently looking at a 27FB CCD Ocean Breeze, one question however. Did you get much condensation on the inside?? My plans are to do much travel in the south Florida area and this is a concern.

Thanks and Good Luck
Bill and Jean
I live in the center of Florida and go to the Keys. Condensation had never been a problem and should not be if you A/C condensate system is clean and working. This system is prone to clogging up and then you have a condensate problem in the trailer.

Sorry Sherry and back to the new you!!!
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Congratulations!

Hi Sherry,

Welcome to the club. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Florida. My one trip to the keys was just before I got my first Airstream, I was van camping then. I can’t imagine a better place to start Airstreaming than Florida.

Have fun.

Vaughan
vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #13
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Welcome Sherry.

Lew, if you do, you'll join the ranks of oh so many folks that started with a 19' and moved on up like "The Jeffersons"!

...present company included.
Yea Twink, it's a funny thing don't ya know.......................

I bought the 19CCD for use on the road and in the summer as a vacation residence in Hood River and love the little hut, but due to situations beyond my control (read pending divorce) it looks like I'll be full-timimg in the little beastie for the forseeable future.

While I can't pull anything larger with my current Sprinter, the new '07 3500 dually version has a 7500lb tow capacity compared with my 5000lb. I may just have to get a new van while I'm at it!!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote