Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #1

2001 25' Safari
BROOKLINE , Massachusetts
Would Like To Introduce Myself

I'm Very Excited To Say I Just Joined The Forum Today!

I Am A 2001 Safari Airstream Owner With A Wife And Two Children Ages 8 And 6 That All Love To Trailer.

We Bought Our Safari New Here In Massacusetts From Martys Rv And Use It Regularly Between The Months Of April Thru November. As A Relatively New Rv Owner I Have Lot Of Questions About The Proper Use, Maintenance And Features Of Our Airstream. I Think It Is A Great Camper And Can Not Imagine Camping In Anything Else.

We Are Members Of The Local Cape Cod Wally Byam Airstream Club Here In Massachusetts. I Would Love To Hear From Fellow Forum Members Especially Those Near By Here In The New England Region. Additionally Now That I Am A Member And When I Determine How To I Will Respond To Others Within The Forum.

We Are Planning A Three Month Trip To Alaska Starting Next Month And Hope To Hear From Other That Have Gone That Way Previously. I Have Many Questions About Proper Storage Of Equipment For A Long Journey Such As This So I Will Be Posting Threads As Soon As I Figure Out The Appropriate Locations.
RALPH GRIECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Hi

Welcome to the forum. You're gonna love it here. Look into our crystal ball (Search Function) for any question you have. Knowledge and fun combined together!

See you down the road, Paula
Old 05-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
LJH
Rivet Master

1985 27' Sovereign
Defiance , Ohio
Welcome Ralph and family, glad you found us. WoW! Alaska, now that's an adventure!
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Hi Ralph
Another Safari owner here in New England. Alaska is a major trip.....good for you to seize the moment and to do this now. We did a two month cross country trip two summers ago to Oregon, the California redwoods, with many stops along the way. I think heading to Alaska might just be twice as far as our trip, but you only live once.
Good luck on your adventure and hope to meet sometime back in NE.
Gary
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hi Ralph,
Welcome to our world!
It's always nice to see new members come on. You can play a large part in our collective knowlege and discussion.
Dave
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Hi Ralph,

Lots and lots of info here for you.

It's always good to hear from someone who really uses their trailer for travel and adventure.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #7

2001 25' Safari
BROOKLINE , Massachusetts
Thank You All For Acknowledging My Introduction!

It Does Seem A Great Place To Learn And Make Suggestions.

I Have Been Following The "goodyear Marathon Tire Failure" Thread. I Will Be Replacing Our Tires Soon For Our Alaksa Trip. How Do I Find Out What The Final Verdict On These Tires Are? Doesn't Seem To Be A Clear Concensus. What Are The Best Replacements Maxis Or Michline. Do I Just Add These Questions To That Thread?
RALPH GRIECO is offline   Reply With Quote