Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' International CCD
Calgary , Alberta
Well I did it!

After several months of research and many years of RV experiences I said ok to the salesman for a new 2008 International CCD 25FB. My last trailer was an Arctic Fox 25S and I was pleased with the quality, however I was towing it with an F-350 Diesel. The diesel was the result of my short experience with a truck camper. I just couldn't get the right yoga moves to really get a good shower and the limited mobility once set up got to be frustrating.
I did not want to keep the diesel so I was looking for a smaller, lighter trailer to pull with a gas vehicle. In my research I came across the Airstream and thought that I may not have to sacrifice length or weight.
I have not yet received my trailer as it has to come from Florida and I live in Calgary, AB, so I hope my research is correct and I will have no trouble pulling this with my Tundra 5.7.
I am getting a few additions on it, Maxair vents, solar panels and gel batteries( I don't have to remove for our long cold winters).
There is no microwave in my trailer package but I was just going to buy a small one and store it one of the cupboards for occasional use.
Any suggestions on the microwave and/or storage?
Any other additions I should consider?
Looking forward to getting this rig on the road and start exploring.
Work2play
Work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi and welcome to the forum.

We purchased a microwave from Walmart, any store will do, and have used it succesfully for almost 2 years now. Ours has a convection oven and grill in it which is great beause I don't heat up the entire trailer to bake.

For the sake of room, we installed flat panel televisions for our viewing pleasure.

Have fun shopping, and remember what you keep in the trailer does not have to be the giant industrial size.

Marie
Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Calgary , Alberta
Hi Marie,
Thanks for the info. It's off to WalMart I go.
This trailer already has the flat panel TV, at least it did in the photo!?!?
This could be dumb question but what do the "Rivet" descriptions refer to under your user name?
Thanks
Jerry
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Hi Jerry,
WELCOME and congratulations on your new Airstream! I love the 25' FB floor plan.

The rivets by your name are earned by how active you are on the message boards.

When will your CCD arrive? Are you going to get it or are you having it delivered?

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
1961 16' Bambi
1956 16' Bubble
Potrero , California
Welcome and nice choice...

Jerry,
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new rig.
We just bought a small 700watt microwave, Target I think. It stows in the closet with a flat knee pad in front to protect the glass. Steamer and micro dishes inside for travel.
Your choice of MaxxFans is interesting, the ability to vent durning the rain is big for us. I'm looking to replace the F/Fs soon. Also have to agree with your call on AGM batteries.
We've got a few mods to our to make it our own...pace yourself, lots of great folks on the site with great ideas that work.
Your Tundra should be ok, we towed with a 4.8 for a few years, now went to a larger TV.
Stream Safe, Bob and Nanc-
The " TinDen "
2007 25' International FB
1961 Bambi, 16' California
1956 Bubble 16' California Whale Tail
Charter Member 4 Corners Unit
(View all of elfirebob's images)
elfirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Be sure to measure your cupboard openings BEFORE shopping for a microwave. We just recently got our 22' Safari. I bought a small microwave that I was sure would fit, however didn't figure on the handle. The microwave would have fit fine, but the handle possesed a problem. Had to return and find one with out a handle that stuck out. Tight fit but fits without any trouble.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
There are lots of collapsible kitchen things out there----measuring cups, mixing/measuring pitchers, colanders, etc. The Kitchen Collection stores at the outlet malls are a good, reasonably priced resource. Have fun and travel safe.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:08 AM   #8
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hi, Jerry, and welcome to Airforum.com! If you need to know it, and it's about Airstreams, you'll find the info here.

I'm super jealous of your purchase of a new one, they look soooo cool inside with all the shiny aluminum and all.

The rivets will appear under your name too, if you take out the second "Work2play" under your name. I think that's the "Custom User Title" field, about half way down on the "Edit Your Details" area of the User CP page.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Calgary , Alberta
Thanks everyone for the great advice. Measuring the cupboard, I'll use for storage, is a good idea, I'll hold off on my Micro purchase until I actually have the trailer.
Once I get the add-ons negotiated and installed I will have it delivered to Sweetgrass Montana, (closest border crossing) and pick it up. I'm hoping to have it by next weekend, June 12.
I'll be hauling it back without a sway hitch, but once I'm back I'm getting the Reese Dual cam hitch installed. I had one installed before and I really appreciated it's ability to keep the trailer on the straight and narrow.
Now I'm planning a lot of weekend trips and I'm working on a 3 week+ trip to Colorado-New Mexico in August.
Happy Trails
Jerry