Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Mesa , Arizona
Well, Hi there!

Ok, I’ve been hanging out here a week or so and it’s probably time I said hello. Not being unfriendly, just trying to learn a bit about the forum. I put up a question last week about single or double axel trailers and got some good response and I’ve chimed in on a few of the word games. Anyway, I don’t currently have an Airstream. My wife and I got talking a month or so ago about getting one so I’ve gone into research mode. I think I may have hit the mother lode with this forum. I’ve been reading random postings and learning about things I never would have thought of. At times the abbreviations get a bit confusing, but I just go with it till I figure it out.

I grew up in a camping family and saw a lot of country from the back seat of the 68 Dodge pulling the Sears pop-up. Always remember seeing the shiny Airstreams in the campgrounds and thinking they were pretty cool. Well, now it’s my turn to get one, so I’ll drop some questions here and there and contribute a bad pun where appropriate and see if I can’t figure out what I should be pulling around the country.

One last thing. I noticed last night that I had magically earned a rivet. How did I do that? How do I get more…other than buy a trailer full of them.

Thanks!
Wayne
WRDinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hello and welcome to airforums.com, Wayne! You have it spot on as far as the available information lode here.

The rivets are directly related to how many posts you have made. You'll see that you get more as time goes on.

Take your time finding the Right Trailer for you and your wife. It's out there, you'll see, and the more of them you look at, the more sure you will be when you see it.

Aage
Old 01-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Wayne,
Welcome to the forums.

Next month the 4CU is having a rally in Cottonwood, AZ. It would be a good opportunity to see lots of trailers of all ages and sizes. Feel free to stop by and say howdy (it's a western theme this year). For more information go here or contact me.
Airstream Forums - Dead Horse V

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Springfield , Missouri
Welcome to the board! Great to have you along. Ask away, I have yet to have a negative comment or response from any of the "professionals" on the board. Again, welcome!
MO Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRDinAZ View Post
.... At times the abbreviations get a bit confusing, but I just go with it till I figure it out. ......

One last thing. I noticed last night that I had magically earned a rivet. How did I do that? How do I get more…other than buy a trailer full of them.

Thanks!
Wayne
I agree with WRD, I've been around a little while and still don't understand a lot of the code words. Rivets come from some number of postings. Not sure how everybody pulls their trailers with televisions though , and glad I don't have a brother in law punching me out for calling him SOB .
Has anyone ever made a dictionary of the abbreviations?
Oh this'll be fun

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
Wrdinaz Welcome to the forums. Good luck in your search.

NevadaGeo. That's a great idea. I laughed my head off reading your post.
NicheVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #7

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
What type of WD are you putting on your TV and are you joining TAC or WBCCI, 1500 AC, what type of genset? Mines a Yamaha ef2400ishc. I'm sure I could find some more. confusing as heck.

Have fun on your search. What size are you looking for? I found mine on the classifieds on AIR.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Lubbock , Texas
Hello and welcome. Good luck in your search.
AirEPotter is offline   Reply With Quote