Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #1

Cypress , Texas
Question Totally new and dreaming....

Hi,

first timer here....46 year old Afghanistan Veteran and starting to dream about my "retirement".

I want to buy a 19 foot Bambi.....I am 6'5 so I guess the 19 ft bed is bigger....I want to pull it with a wrangler and spend part of the year in Orlando....I worked for Disney for awhile in 2000 and I want to go back to work for the mouse.

What is a good place to live in an RV in Orlando? Is anyone doing what I am thinking about???? Will a wrangler be OK with a Bambi?

Rob
earnedmyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
Rob, Welcome to the Forum and to the Airstream family. Thanks, also for your service to our country. There are many prior servicemen/women here (myself included). The 19' Bambi would, in my view, be better for you due to your height. Check the owners manual for the Wrangler to make sure it has the capacity to pull the max wt of the Bambi. I'm not sure, but you may be close. More experts on the forum will be familiar with the wrangler. The short wheel base concerns me, but I'll defer to someone alot smarter than I am.
Again, Welcome, and thanks for your support.

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote