Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Woodbridge , Virginia
Time to Say Hello

Hello,

I have been a member for a while but never posted. Sometimes I forget to even login. I enjoy reading the posts and have learned a lot from many and continue to do so. I figured it was time to say hello and maybe one day be able to contribute also.

I am still looking and hopefully don't keep missing on the ones I like, or my messages get through and I get a response back.
romaa.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:38 PM   #2
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Welcome to the forum. What do you think you like? Have you visited a local ralley? a dealer? any prior RV experience? Tell all. Happy hollidays. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Welcome from Pennsylvania and good luck in your search.

Roy and Marie
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Welcome from Colorado. Deciding on an Airstream instead of many, many other brands and models is a big deal. You are wise to read all you can about the advantages and disadvantages of an Airstream travel trailer. Being a member of these forums is a great place to learn.

Once the homework is done, you should be able to define exactly the Airstream trailer you want and at what fair price. Until then, more homework!

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Woodbridge , Virginia
Thank you so much Roy and Marie.

Lilian.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Frederick , Maryland
There are a number of folks on this board from the greater DC area. I'm up by Frederick, MD, and there is a guy TooTall from around Silver Spring, MD. Others of course, too. Welcome to the boards and good luck with your decisions. We just bought our first camper a couple of months ago. After looking for a while we decided that, for us and how we plan to use it, it was AS or nothing.
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Woodbridge , Virginia
Time to Say Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Welcome to the forum. What do you think you like? Have you visited a local ralley? a dealer? any prior RV experience? Tell all. Happy hollidays. Pat
Hello Pat,

I haven't been to a rally yet, but bave been to the dealership many times. The designs change and I change my mind. I also have a 2011 X5, had dealer install the hitch (Class III). I now had two different problems, what the X5 can tow, and what the tow rating is, so more mind changing of the type of Airstream.

I have enjoyed all the advice on the different types of tow vehicles, types of weight distribution system, etc.

I also liked the advice on the length of the Airstream depending on how many are going to be in it, how long the trip was for. That was very insightful. Seems long trips are better with longer AS than shorter ones.

The problem/repair discussions are great, especially for someone who has never done any RVing.

Yes, there is a lot to learn.

Ciao.

Lilian.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Woodbridge , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj216 View Post
Welcome from Colorado. Deciding on an Airstream instead of many, many other brands and models is a big deal. You are wise to read all you can about the advantages and disadvantages of an Airstream travel trailer. Being a member of these forums is a great place to learn.

Once the homework is done, you should be able to define exactly the Airstream trailer you want and at what fair price. Until then, more homework!

David
Hello David,

Yes, there is a wealth of information here. I have learnt so much, but there is still more to learn. The price points is what I haven't mastered.

Lilian
Old 11-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Woodbridge , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewTheDew View Post
There are a number of folks on this board from the greater DC area. I'm up by Frederick, MD, and there is a guy TooTall from around Silver Spring, MD. Others of course, too. Welcome to the boards and good luck with your decisions. We just bought our first camper a couple of months ago. After looking for a while we decided that, for us and how we plan to use it, it was AS or nothing.
Hello,

I decided that when we got back from Okinawa in 2001, but it was an idea of one day having it to really wanting one.

Hopefully, I will be able to meet Airstreamers from the DC area when I get mine.

Hope you are enjoying it so far.

Ciao.

Lilian.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:52 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Woodbridge , Virginia
Finally found the One

Hello,

Thank you everyone for the advice and welcome.

I finally found the one after going to see some used ones and some new ones. A few disappointments, not being able to finance, and so forth. This was an accidental find. It was not supposed to be advertised but put on dealer site by accident and I asked to look at it. They were very gracious and let me see it. I have then pestered them about it and now it is mine.

It is a 2008 Safari 25 and I pick it up on the 13th. On the 12th, I will be spending the night in it at the dealer's. I am very excited about it and look forward to many adventures including the one I will be taking to San Diego in April.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Congrats! How exciting!
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:12 AM   #12
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Congratulations on your new to you Airstream. Just about the right time of year to get out for a shake down trip to learn all about the coach and plan a year of adventure. Hope we see your smile down the road. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote