Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2014, 05:31 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Lakeridge , Virginia
The wait is over!

Hello. My lovely bride, Kim, and I finally decided that we have waited long enough and bought an AS for our 20th anniversary. We (mostly I) started camping in a teardrop trailer about 5 years ago. It beat sleeping in a tent, but was too cramped for two especially in bad weather. So, in 2012, we moved up to a T@B trailer which was a nice step up from the littler teardrop. It solved the problem of being too cramped; however, it only had a men’s room (which I keep in the cabinet above the sleeping area.) Now we are the proud owners of a brand spanking new 16 Sport she named Peanut. Since we now have all the amenities needed in a camper, we expect to keep Peanut until we retire. We are still both working (mainly to put our two kids through school it seems), so our trips will be limited to weekends and a couple weeks of vacation. We look forward to meeting some new friends at rallies near Virginia next season.

--------------------------
Michael
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Congrats on your new Sport!
Old 12-04-2014, 06:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Congratulations. Welcome. Spring will be here before you know it - do you know about Virginia Highland Haven yet? We have some really beautiful state parks right here in VA - and your little peanut is perfect for the "Lets leave work early Friday and do a weekend 50 miles down the road." And don't discount that you've got a couple of nice places 10 miles away from your home, so you could park the camper for a week and camp every evening after you get home from work, especially in the spring and fall before the tourists drive the prices up!

Oh - when you go - go to your laundry room and turn off the water supply to your washer. We had a call at our answering service not too long ago from someone who had a washer hose leak that turned into "burst" while they were in Hawaii. A neighbor noticed water running out from under the garage door, assumed it was the water heater located in the garage, and turned off their water at the street... but the washer & dryer were on the second floor. Damage that remained unmitigated for over 8 days - $100,000 for the restoration company. What a sour note to end a great vacation on. And those poor people didn't even have an Airstream to stay in while the work was being done on the house.

In some respects indoor plumbing is a bit overrated. If I ever own another home it will be retrofitted with floor drains in every plumbed room!

Paula