Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
The Silver Biscuit

2004 28' International CCD
Austin , Texas
Thanks to all of you, we're rolling!

Thanks to all of you for the wisdom you've imparted as I lurked over the past six months. I ran the cycle, from wanting a classic for full restoration to wanting the motorhome to wanting a new trailer . . . finally ended up with a nearly new 2004 CCD, bought from a super couple out in Florida (thanks Marvin and Dianne!). I'm taking the wife and three kids to Disney's Fort Wilderness in it here in a few weeks, so i should get a trial by fire into family airstreaming. Thanks again for all of your shared knowledge, and hopefully we'll see some of you on the road (which reminds me I need input on tow vehicles!).

I'll even break out and add an emoticon just his once....
Rosie39j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think it's a cycle that never ends! Congratulations on your new CCD. What size is it? I have never been to Fort Wilderness but hear it is fantastic. That will be a wonderful trip for you and the family.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
Congratulations. Bigger is always better. Any full size vehicle with a V8 should be able to tow that trailer. Bring the weights of your rig with you when you are looking for your new tow vehicle. And remember to add the weight of all the stuff your going to put in your trailer. Also include the amount of weight carried in your tow vehicle, including people.to get your gross weight capacity.You can also use the search bar at the top to look up any info you might need from posts made in the past.
bill benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:44 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Congrats Rosie! Your post brings back memories or our first Airstream purchase less than two years ago. We took a weekend 'shakedown cruise' to Rusk State Park, TX and learned a lot in the process. Heck, we're still learning and thanks to this GREAT forum will continue to do so. Do we miss our Monaco MH, hell no! Have fun out there in Florida as this is the best time of year to go in our opinion. We've camped across the entire state including the Keys in the past twenty months. Florida has state parks that are fantastic! You'll love them for their aesthetics and privacy.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:56 AM   #5
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie39j
Thanks to all of you for the wisdom you've imparted as I lurked over the past six months. I ran the cycle, from wanting a classic for full restoration to wanting the motorhome to wanting a new trailer . . . finally ended up with a nearly new 2004 CCD, bought from a super couple out in Florida (thanks Marvin and Dianne!). I'm taking the wife and three kids to Disney's Fort Wilderness in it here in a few weeks, so i should get a trial by fire into family airstreaming. Thanks again for all of your shared knowledge, and hopefully we'll see some of you on the road (which reminds me I need input on tow vehicles!).

I'll even break out and add an emoticon just his once....
Congratulations on your new trailer ! We are going to Fort Wilderness in April. Last time we went there we tent camped and it was great. It should be even better in the Airstream.. Only advice I can give is to be sure to get a tow vehicle which will be powerful enough to pull your unit comfortably and a good hitch (there have been plenty threads on this)..
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:06 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
What a happy post. Congratulations on your addition and have a great time in Florida.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:20 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Fort Widerness is great. We went last year and loved it. Be sure you rent a golf cart, reserve before you get there. We made the mistake and waited till we got there and had to wait a few day's before we could get one. Have a great time with your new Airstream.

Becky
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:07 AM   #8
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Rosie39j
Welcome to the wonderful world of Airstreaming. The Texas Highland Lakes Unit of WBCCI has perhaps 20 or more members living in the greater Austin area. If any of us can help you with questions you may have concerning Airstream ownership, towing or camping issues, let me know and I will put you in touch with them. Also consider joining our group. We have members young and old - retired and working - single and with families. We'll treat you so many ways you are bound to like at least one of them.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote