Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #21
kat
1 Rivet Member

Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Thanks SilverRanger. It's good to know that containers can be delivered to remote places.

Here's one of the links I collected pertaining to container living:

http://www.fabprefab.com/fabfiles/containerbayhome.htm
kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
I really enjoyed the link, Kat. Some of the design concepts were very creative. I also picked up some tips on ventilation. And I thought I was being clever by using part of one for a workshop...
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:38 PM   #23
kat
1 Rivet Member

Fort Lauderdale , Florida
It's funny... the more time I spend looking at abused trailers the more tempted I am to get something in good shape and just adjust myself to it. I just spent the last year constantly building/remodeling one thing or another.

I've been looking online at 1970's 30ish foot long AS's hoping to find one that was clean outside and structurally sound, for pretty cheap, to customize. Then I noticed that some Sovereigns have a floor plan that looks fairly efficient for year-round living. They have a walk around large bed in the rear with good natural light, and the bath appears to be between the bedroom and the galley. The fridge looks to be decent size too. The front of the one I'm checking out now has a sleeper sofa in it which looks like it can be easily removed to make space for different needs.

I guess it's time to search the forum for lovers of avocado colored synthetic materials. Is there a subgroup of 70's fans? How was the quality then?

It shouldn't surprise me if I end up with an original condition 1970's AS since I graduated high school in "76".

Far out!
kat is offline   Reply With Quote