Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2002 31' Land Yacht 30
Ottawa , Ontario
Smile Switched to a motorhome!

Hi everybody,

After ten years of pulling a 5th wheel, we made the switch! I found a nice 2002 Land Yacht 30 in Hamilton ON. A boat dealer took it in trade and they put a fair price on it. I made an offer and got it in early dec. It is now stored till mid april when I will put it back on the road. 59 000 km on it and most of maintenance is completed. The original owner never changed the oil on the generator because of the low hours (32)!!! In April I will change the oil on the tranny and the P/S.

We had some experience in motorhoming, 10 days with a Mercedes in Cuba in 2002 and a month with a Citroen diesel in France last year. The decision was easy when the Land Yacht came around. A friend of mine has owned one for 3 years and he is very happy with it. The low profile is easy on gas - I got over 11 mpg /imp.gal.. No slides but we will be ok. I wanted a reasonnable lenght because we want to go back to Mexico. Big RVs are not very practical there. I will tow a 2006 Pontiac Vibe behind, a very practical car. I am confidant this combination will keep us happy for many years.

Regards,
Rémi Guertin
Ottawa ON
48-remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forum. It is always good to have another motor home enthusiast aboard.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1984 27' Airstream 270
Skaneateles , New York
motorhome

We have until this week had two M/H experiences. In 1977 we picked up our new Westphalia in Germany then drove to North Africa into the Sahara to the border of Tunisia. In 1994 we rented a motor home and drove it to the Havasupi Indian reservation along the South West rim of thr Grand Canyon. We hiked to the botom of the canyon(12m) and camped two nights above Mooney falls. I will always remember how our young boys withstood the heat and the long hike. This week we aquired an '84 Airstream 270 in fantastic original condition. We have been looking for two years to find this small A/S because we do not intend to sit and watch the tube. So congratulations on your purchase and may you have many fun and safe miles touring. Oh! Congratulations to all Canadians on electing anew government.
wanderingeye is offline   Reply With Quote