Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #1

1996 34' Limited
Wickenburg , Arizona
Somerset

Hi Folks.....Just checking in. Needed to tell you how helpful you have been already. I have recently purchased a 1996 Classic Limited 34' and am fortunate to be able to park it in my back yard while I get it ready to roll. I've had two previous 27' Airstreams years (and years) ago. I've scoured through the repair/update forums during the last few weeks for the information I needed. This A/S needs cleanup. Because of your input and conversations with each other in the Forum, I have a new Equalizer Hitch ready to put together. I've settled on six new Goodyear Marathon's (180,000 miles is not bad) Existing tires are all different and aged. I've pulled all of the drapes (they have spots and unrecognizable stains. I'm soaking the day/night blinds in the bathtub in Tide w/Bleach (works great). The Fridge doesn't get cold, Haven't tried the water heater yet. Still too hot in the desert. In the Spring....the house goes on the market. I'm going to be on "a" road somewhere....and at "a" beach at othertimes. Happy to be a part of this friendly group....and hope to be active. God Bless......
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
welcome back to the fun with Airstreams. it sounds like you're on your way to new adventures!
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
If your curtains look like "trash" and you plan to pitch them, you might go ahead a try a good laundering. We did, washing ours on gentle with a gentle soap, and all the stains and discolorations came out. Ours were not rotting so, once clean and dry (yes, in the dryer on gentle cycle), we rehung them in the AS and they look great. Actually, I pressed them with a medium hot iron to reset the pleats to give a crisp look. We maybe lost a little color, but I like the lighter tone anyway. Good luck! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you aboard. Feel free to pitch in with comments, pictures & adventures!!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #5

1996 34' Limited
Wickenburg , Arizona
For MaxandGeorgia...Thanks. I have to learn how to respond to these posts (and quotes). Bear with me. In fact with nothing to lose, I did run a couple thru the washer using Tide and Spray & Wash, hung to dry, then used steam iron. Frankly, they looked great (and lighter) but the stains remained without change. Spots are 1-3 inches, roundish, greyish/blackish and on all curtains in the living/dining areas, maybe 3 - 6 each curtain. Odd! Will continue to try with other spot remover, but have little hope.

Also, to others responding..Thank you for the warm welcome/s. I'm looking forward to this!!!.

2003 Chev Silverado, 2500HD, Ext Cab, 410 Rear, 6.0 Eng.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Somerset...just wanted to add our welcome to the forum...you already know what a great gorup this is, and you already know the depth of information there is to be here here... Now all you gotta do is get rid o' them spots!

Good luck and were happy you could join us...
TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote