Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
SSN

California , California
Salud from Mexico!

Hey amigos,

Tuesday I became the proud owner of a pre-owned 2005 25' Safari LS .... I had been playing around with the idea of getting an AS for a some years now , but kept postponing it (because the whole procedure of going for it to the US and getting it down here seemed to complicated for my working lifestyle), so it had sort of become an unreachable dream of mine.

This Saturday I opened the paper and to my surprise there was 2005 25' Safari LS advertised in the classified sections, that was located 20 min away from my home (In Mexico City!) . I couldnt miss out on the opportunity to see this thing so I drove there that same day, fell in love with it and sealed the deal on Tuesday.

Its now parked in my garage! I haven't been able to get my hands on it since Ive been working all week , but I'm digging into it tomorrow (Cant wait! )

Its funny cause the owner tells me he never used it (two time only, actually) and it really looks in top shape (just looked like it had been sitting in his garage for years), but since I thought it was my only real chance of getting one and the price tag seemed great. I went ahead and bought it without checking it throughly (although he did promise everything worked perfectly).

Anyway I'm digging into it tomorrow with some handy friends I invited over for the event, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping all the systems work correctly (or only need minor maintenance/repair). So if anyone that reads this has some sort of checklist that I can use as guide to run through the whole functionalities? I would really appreciate it.

I'm stoked that there is such a big, useful on-line community on ASs and I'm really looking forward to collaborate in the future and help in anyway I can.

Good weekend to all,

Santiago
SSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

You have found the right place for all things Airstream.

Congratulations on your new baby! Post some pictures of her when you can.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome Santiago, and congrats on your new Airstream! Have fun checking over everything tomorrow, and we'll keep our fingers crossed that all works as promised.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Santiago, When we purchased our 2005 22' Safari, it was found real close to our home. We didn't have a clue of what to look for, or what we should check out. All we knew was it was a floor plan I could live with (unlike the one we drove over 4 hours one way to see, and that one the lights didn't even work) and the lights did work. Thankfully so far everything has worked just fine. We love our little A/S and are looking forward to many many trips. Good luck with your new find. Susan
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
AirForum Rally in Mexico Soon?

Santiago, las Felicitaciones en su nueva Airstream. Hay muchos hermosos lugares de ver en México. ¡Espero que patrocinará una reunión de AirForum pronto!
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #6

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Upland , California
Congratulations! Welcome and I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works like a sewing machine. Believe me, I don't think there is a question Airstream related that you can come up with, that someone on this forum can't help you out with.
Kestrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Congratulations! Happy travels. We hope to eventually get down to Mexico with our Airstream. See you on the road!

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote