Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #1

Inido , California
Planning on Buying

Do not own an AS yet but looking to purchase one early next year. We have been full timing the last 3 years in a Tiffin DP. Sold it and now own stick and bricks in Southern California. Looking to still RV 4 or 5 months a year, and a 27 ft. AS looks to fit the bill. Will be using this forum to search for suggestion on TV and purchasing.

Examples of what I am searching: 1 or 2 AC as it gets hot in the Desert, good WD hitch that won’t brake the bank and is easy to hookup, and TV.

Tom427
Tom427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hello from Colorado. You already know a lot about the RV lifestyle. Now you might like to try an Airstream. They are special travel trailers indeed. If you stay in the hot desert, two ACs and enough power to drive them makes sense. The all aluminum Airstream is an excellent conductor of heat and cold. And the walls are only about 2" thick.

Asking advice about a tow vehicle will result in 100 replies about what to do. We RVers are passionate about our tow vehicles. Some like heavy duty 1 ton pickups and some like diesel powered SUVs. All you have to do is study the three big specs: tow rating, total cargo capacity, and gross combined weight rating and insure it matches your trailer and cargo requirements. Here in the Colorado mountains I need extra power and cooling to make it up the steep grades. Mainly traveling on flatter grounds would require less vehicle.

The Airstream market is hot right now. Be prepared to search what's available for a period of time. It took me 8 weeks to find the used trailer I wanted.

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:53 AM   #3

Bradenton , Florida
Advice on purchase please

Hello,
I am new here and going to be purchasing my first Airstream. I was looking at a 1975 Airstream 26' Argosy motor home. It has really low miles and was used mostly as a guest cottage. I will be living in it, stationary for about a year, then on the road a bit. Is this a bad decision? I have read that the low miles on older Airstream motor homes is not such a good thing for the engine. Any thought, suggestions would be most welcome!
Thanks,
Karen
Karekare is offline   Reply With Quote