Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
w.springfield , Massachusetts
That sound good too! wondering how long a travel season we will get before we have to park it for the winter. that new toy thing ,you know ! next year going to try Hilton head early (may?) with an overnight in that airstream park in Jersey ,or pos. Assateague island. Is field and stream pull thru? asked the guy that can't back up to save his life ! we gave our lower galley drawer the once over ,it looks solid, but will be carful not to over load it .Happy camping, cousins! Howie
mazoolah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:10 AM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Western MA , Massachusetts
Completed our shake down trip!

Hello! Mazoola and I completed our shake down trip with our 20'FC and had the best time!
The weather cooperated, traffic wasn't bad, the CG great for 1st timers (nice & quiet), Maine scenery awesome and of course there was lobster!
We spent the weekend learning how to use everything in the unit. Still need to try out the microwave. The trailer is so comfortable - we felt totally spoiled!
Wild Duck CG in Scarborough, ME is very small with mostly seasonal occupants. They book up well in advance but we were able to get in on a cancellation. The CG is located adjacent to a large salt mash - so lots of cool birds to watch. Very peaceful.
We are interested in trying Field & Stream in Oct. Thanks Dot Dave for the reco!
Our next trip is to The Dunes in Ptown weekend of 9/5. I am reading that the sites are tight for parking.... But I know hubby can do it! Can't wait to go!
Wild Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Every Flying Cloud has a silver lining !!!
mazoolah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
hi guys ,did the winterizing this weekend .to fill the antifreeze thru the pump ,I pulled the drawer under the stove out .The screws that hold the rails (sliders) on just fell into my hand. they are too short to get any grip. was this your finding also ?
Old 11-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
We winterized also and had no problems with the drawer. But I seem to recall this drawer had fallen during our first shake down trip and longer screws were needed to properly re-install.
Overall, winterizing was not so bad to accomplish but the post "pink stuff" depressive disorder that follows was not included in the instructions. Ha-been researching all week on snowbird escape plans.
FCloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
pink stuff depression for sure ! hating putting it away = ,hopefully spring will break early !
Old 11-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazoolah View Post
hi guys ,did the winterizing this weekend .to fill the antifreeze thru the pump ,I pulled the drawer under the stove out .The screws that hold the rails (sliders) on just fell into my hand. they are too short to get any grip. was this your finding also ?
That drawer, along with all the other drawers in the FC 20' only come with two little screws holding the tracts onto the drawer. If you look carefully you can see there are two more places to put screws in. I got some very small (about 3/8 or 1/4 x #6 as I recall) screws at an Ace hardware store and drilled little tiny pilot holes, put the screws in, and then a dab of white glue on top of them. That has solved my problem. Do it on every drawer in the rig before you have any more issues.

Glad everyone likes their FC 20, I sure like mine.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:20 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
thanks for that tip ,I saw those screw holes .will try it out .
Old 11-06-2014, 06:15 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCloud9 View Post
We winterized also and had no problems with the drawer. But I seem to recall this drawer had fallen during our first shake down trip and longer screws were needed to properly re-install.
Overall, winterizing was not so bad to accomplish but the post "pink stuff" depressive disorder that follows was not included in the instructions. Ha-been researching all week on snowbird escape plans.
Agree! The post "pink stuff" blues are kicking in now that we have winterized. We are already planning for spring and wondering if Mother Nature will allow us to get the trailer out of storage early.
We will just have to keep looking at our photos of our couple of shakedown trips...which were soooo much fun! I'm hoping the picture of our Maine trip attaches. Stayed at Wild Duck CG, small but nice.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Well, still having trouble attaching photos from our ipad. :-( sorry!
Old 11-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Is there an FC 20 group on the forum?

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367
Old 11-11-2014, 06:19 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCwheels View Post
Is there an FC 20 group on the forum?

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367

Hi there,
I am not aware there is a specific FC 20' group on the forum....just several of us seemed to have purchased our AS this past year and had similar "newbie" excitement, questions, fears and most importantly fun! The are also many seasoned experienced FC 20' owners whom are always ready with communicating technical help and tips they have learned.
I have felt as a FC 20' owner we fall into many categories- we are a Bambi, a Flying Cloud and really in a "class" all our own. We still on the learning curve and not yet ready to join formal WBCCI group just yet.

Currently, we are seriously contemplating a winter snowbird escape to the southwest.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCloud9 View Post
Hi there,
I am not aware there is a specific FC 20' group on the forum....just several of us seemed to have purchased our AS this past year and had similar "newbie" excitement, questions, fears and most importantly fun! The are also many seasoned experienced FC 20' owners whom are always ready with communicating technical help and tips they have learned.
I have felt as a FC 20' owner we fall into many categories- we are a Bambi, a Flying Cloud and really in a "class" all our own. We still on the learning curve and not yet ready to join formal WBCCI group just yet.

Currently, we are seriously contemplating a winter snowbird escape to the southwest.
If it would be helpful or polite I'll start a thread in the late model flying cloud section . this forum is so big ,there is a ton to read !
Old 11-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Sounds like a seller idea!
Old 11-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazoolah View Post
If it would be helpful or polite I'll start a thread in the late model flying cloud section . this forum is so big ,there is a ton to read !

Thanks, great idea! We'll check back on this thread, if you could post the name of the FC20 thread you start.

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367
Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 AM   #56
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCwheels View Post
Thanks, great idea! We'll check back on this thread, if you could post the name of the FC20 thread you start.

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367
20 footers
Old 12-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
We are preparing and planning our first Airstream Snowbird Escapee with departure planned...weather permitting right after the holidays. Heading south, south west. This will be the longest trip we have planned with our FC 20'...hoping to chase 70° and explore Arizona and maybe southern Utah!