Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Classic
Livingston , Terry
On Air

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and look forward to following all the informative threads on the site. I began my Airstream experience a few months before Katrina 'blew' into town, boy what luck for me to already have a 2004 'bambi' Safari. Well, over a year and a half after the storm and moving my 'base' to South Ala, I finally decided that a larger rig was in order. I recently bought a new 06' Classic 25. I love it !! I've been (full timing) in it now for close to a month, and although the Winters are indeed mild here in the sunny South, we've managed to get cold enough for the furnace to be run a bit. Everything works perfectly, no leaks, no runs, no errors. I did remove the towel bar in the shower, poor choice for a towel location, but other than that all appears ok. I was surprised at how much eaiser the 25' towed than the 19'.
I suppose the tandum wheels help it to track better. And the ride, smooth as silk.

I'm a retired educator, and now a part-time consultant for several school districts in Mississippi, so I have plenty of time to travel. I'll post pics of the new rig soon. I am a mamber of WBBCI (# 5657 ), but think the AIR #s are a cool idea. I'm enjoying the site and love being an Airstreamer.

Terry
'Just another day in paradise'
Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Santa Catalina Island , California
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have the best of both worlds--full-timing it while you work part time! Be sure and post pics. You'll find plenty of friends and invaluable info on this site. Best of luck to you and happy trails!
AIR #14503
"We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us. . . Only when this is recognized can the blown-in-the-glass bum relax and go along with it." ~John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley, in Search of America
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hi Terry, Welcome to the forums. If you've looked around the site, you know how much there is to see and explore. The search function can be very helpful, there are always folks around to answer questions or point you in the right direction.
Nice to have you here,
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums. I see you are using your teacher's voice but be assured we can all hear well on this forum.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Welcome!

I'm fairly new to this forum myself and have learned so much. Lots of helpful people here. Look forward to meeting you on the road....
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
You should try and make the "Springstream" rally in Hiawassee, GA in late April and meet some of us. If that is too far for a weekend rally, do try and make the Florida Can Opener next January. Stay tuned for the dates on that one; it will probably be the first weekend after New Year's Day. We had a blast and are looking forward to both since many of the same folks will be at both.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnewmanedu
Hello everyone, I'm a new member and look forward to following all the informative threads on the site. I began my Airstream experience a few months before Katrina 'blew' into town, boy what luck for me to already have a 2004 'bambi' Safari. Well, over a year and a half after the storm and moving my 'base' to South Ala, I finally decided that a larger rig was in order. I recently bought a new 06' Classic 25. I love it !! I've been (full timing) in it now for close to a month, and although the Winters are indeed mild here in the sunny South, we've managed to get cold enough for the furnace to be run a bit. Everything works perfectly, no leaks, no runs, no errors. I did remove the towel bar in the shower, poor choice for a towel location, but other than that all appears ok. I was surprised at how much eaiser the 25' towed than the 19'.
I suppose the tandum wheels help it to track better. And the ride, smooth as silk.

I'm a retired educator, and now a part-time consultant for several school districts in Mississippi, so I have plenty of time to travel. I'll post pics of the new rig soon. I am a mamber of WBBCI (# 5657 ), but think the AIR #s are a cool idea. I'm enjoying the site and love being an Airstreamer.

Terry
'Just another day in paradise'
If you're ever in South Mississippi - Hancock County area shoot us an email - it will be great to see another AS in the area. There are several great rallies in the area - those mentioned above specifically.

See you on the road - and welcome to the forums.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy
If you're ever in South Mississippi - Hancock County area shoot us an email - it will be great to see another AS in the area. There are several great rallies in the area - those mentioned above specifically.

See you on the road - and welcome to the forums.

We are in Northern Ms. if ever this way contact us to as stated above.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #9

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. You've found the right place.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Classic
Livingston , Terry
Thumbs up Water/carpet glue stains gone

Just an update to my comments about a water leak on my new 06' Classic 25. I did find the source (tail light housing), and sealed it quickly. It was the place alright!
Next problem to solve was the unsightly dark stain the water created. After speaking to the Service Mgr at Bates RV in Tampa, (very helpful), he suggested using a product that bubbles and disolves, so I found Chem/Dry 'stain extingusher'at Home Depot, it's a carbonated spot remover, and man did it work. Not a sign of the stains now. Hope this is helpful to someone.
Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
welcome tnewmanedu, welcome and glad to hear things are working out so well for you. sure appreciate the helpful hint about the spot remover. it sounds like you have a unit that suits you perfectly. that's great, congratulations! blessings.
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote