Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Raymond , Mississippi
Smile Olebuck39154

Hello everyone!!! This is the first time doing something like this. I bought a 1970 overlander two years ago and not used it much except to have a place to stay at the deer camp. Not sure what to say.......just looking for info on places to go and people to meet. My wife is not sure about camping, just trying to get her interested. I am 58 and an administrator in a local school. Won't be long and retirement will be upon me! Need to meet and greet people in different arenas. Thanks,Olebuck39154
olebuck39154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
You should check out one of your local WBCCI unit rallies and go and meet some like minded Airstream owners. Better yet, look at the forums rally calendar and go to a forums rally. It's short notice, but several of your fellow Mississippians are coming to the Can Opener Rally in Santa Rosa Beach, FL this weekend. It's going to be a cool weekend, weather wise, as well as other wise, but you'd get to meet about 50 or so fellow Airstreamers! Check out the thread linked below:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...lly-35478.html

And welcome to the forums!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Canton , Mississippi
Be Vewy, Vewy Careful

Be very very careful. This is exactly how I contracted "Aluminitus" (that's the Airstream bug, disease, etc)

I just wanted something for deercamp that would last unlike those square box, SOB (Some Other Brand) trailers. I bought a 1963 overlander (25 ft. long). THEN, I decieded that it would be really nice if I restored it. I even polished it one summer. THEN, I did some traveling in it with my wife. THEN, I saw a 1953 Cruiser (also 25 ft long) for sale and decided I needed an real antique to restore. THEN, I had a baby and needed something bigger than the 1963 Overlander for the family and I bought a 1991 34 ft. 3 axle Excella. For a while, I owned all three at once!!.

And it all started with just "needing something for the deercamp."
dmreilly10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome to the forum!
Even if you can't get to a rally to camp, if you get a chance, just drive over there to meet all the great folks and check out what they're doing with their trailers. You will receive lots of ideas and suggestions. That's what I did...
Nice to have you here.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote