Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
cadoc

1972 31' Sovereign
Lake Isabella , California
Smile Oldee but goodee

Hi. I'm a native son of Bakersfield California, retired, a veteran of the Nam era, and a college student studying in Human Services. I enjoy fishing, camping with comfort and the smell of wood smoke. I am devorced, but judging from the 1972 Sovereign I bought yesterday, I'll be married to the restoration process for a couple years to come. :-)). This is the second silver I've owned, the first being a 30' '68 Silver Streak. It may have got into my blood 'cause I get excited everytime I see one!
doc
cadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
welcome

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forums and congratulations on your acquisition! Sounds like you have your priorities straight.

Let me also be the first person to nag about pictures! We LOVE pictures of Airstreams in any condition. Tell us more about how you got your trailer!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
cadoc

1972 31' Sovereign
Thank You - Pictures in 2-3 weeks

Hi. I found the AS - no name yet - on one of the North American trader sites, Canadian based. I had been all over the net looking, including the GSA Fema auctions but all the offerings there are cracker boxes even though the slides are very nice.
The trailer is in Glendora and I won't bring it over the hill until mid-April. Can't do it next weekend and the next is Easter. The lady I bought it from has had it in storage for the past 10 years and decided she would never get to use it, thus, my blessing came. The asking price was 3000, we agreed on 2700, a good price and an indicator of how much work it needs. I've started the materials/parts list today and have already found sources via these forums. Even dirty, sunburned and peeling, she's verrry photogenic so I will post pics in 3 weeks.
Thank you for the welcome
Have a great day
doc

What one choses to believe, will largely be the experience one has
Old 03-25-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Oh my, how can you wait sooooo long to go get him? We are all excited for you and are anxiously awaiting the pictures. You are hooked now for sure. I had an Airstream back in the 80's and have been longing for another one all these years. Got mine 3 years ago and have been "improving" it even since. It's a labor of love. I was also divorced, but got the Argosy and Bob about the same time. Oh no......... hope Bob doesn't think I got him just to help me with the rennovation.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hello Doc,, welcome to the Forums,,, learn lots,,laugh lots ,,cry some,,,, Now now Judy,, am laughing with you,,,,,, great group of people here who are always happy to help,,, dieterdog
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
Oh no......... hope Bob doesn't think I got him just to help me with the rennovation.
Eh Juel what Bob doesn't know won't hurt him. Besides I think all husbands suspect we only have them around to kill spiders...

just kidding guys...

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
cadoc

1972 31' Sovereign
Hi All - You're all right, waiting is the hardest part eh? Maybe not, I've been reading r/r posts, clking links and taking notes for hourrrsss since Sunday but you each know that from your own excellant experiences. I always find out how little I really know when I read how other folks have went about accomplishing a task. Now Ingrid, about spiders, your husband must get lots of work 'cause the darn things FLOAT:-))) Anyone ever outfit a silver with pontoons?
doc
Old 03-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Welcome

Welcome to the forums! You will find a ton of info and make a lot of great friends on here that will go out of their way to help. Good luck on the restoration!
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
welcome and congratulations on your new metal life partner! i call her that because you will spend your life working on her and when she's done you'd probably lay down your life for her. just figuratively, of course, but it will become an obsession! this is the best place on the net for any info you might need and a whole bunch of new friends! welcome, friend!
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote