Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
salem , Oregon
Ok, so what's the rivet deal?

I am new member and spent most of my midnight shift last night reading tips for travelling with pets. I have a 1992 Airstream Excella, 34ft, that I just love. I have lived in it during work relocations, but always had someone tow it for me. Chicken nerves and no vehicle. So I bought a Ford Diesel F250 and just recently hauled it up I-5 and then east up the mountain passes. I was so proud of the way the truck eased up the pass with no problems and surprised that the issue is probably going to be the downhill run. My grip on the steering wheel could have bent steel. Now backing is another deal, and give me 40 acres, oh heck, you've heard that one.
Ok, enough. I love your beautiful and creative graphic descriptors. For now I will keep it simple and lurk a while. I am living in my trailer again and probably for the next year as I prepare to retire and re-locate back home to Tennessee. My problem is making preparations to live with my 4 prima donna cats during that year. Wall to wall plastic covers and litter box in the shower stall. Yikes, it has gotta be love.
bye for now.
b
BeccaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Nice post! And welcome to the forum! Your model of Airstream is one of my favorites. There is lot's of information here and we all love to see pics. When you get some of your rig, please post them.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

The more you post on the Forums, the more rivets you get.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Tiny spot on the map , Michigan
Hey, BeccaSue! Cat servants unite!
Fiamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
salem , Oregon
Thank you Fiamma, moosetag, and cenman! I read the newbies intro and answered my own silly question about the rivets. Sure enjoying the wonderfully informative posts, and wise to read, read, read, and save posting for when I have something to share. I have found some wonderful tips on living with the cats. I replaced my carpet last year with wood flooring (very beautiful, but now I wonder about the added weight). One issue I am dreading is the cat fur on the curtains. I had them dry cleaned several years ago, and that is no small fee. I guess in addition to working a 12 hour day, I will have to brush 4 cats, vacuum daily, including curtains, clean litter, hunt down accidents, console, feed, and break up cat spats, and then sleep the 4 hours that are left. Tee, hee.
Yes, Fiamma,
Cat servant am I. Good handle for my signature when I figure out how, and yes, I will post a picture of my Airstream, and cats.
The best to all, and thanks for all the great info!!!
b
BeccaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:39 AM   #6
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Here is a good link to help you post pictures...
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...eds-31829.html

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Tiny spot on the map , Michigan
Becca, I've thought of the same things. It's amazing how many features I'm looking at in an A/S that have to do with pet happiness and pet practicalities. My DBF and I were looking at recent A/S models--in regards to a 25' Safari he said, "You know, this would be perfect for two people, a dog and one cat." I blinked at him and said, "You know what else it would be perfect for? One person, one dog, and three cats." He got the point.

Personally, I think that pulling out carpet was a very good idea--you can get a little dustmop that will take care of 90% of your floor hair when you don't have carpet, and a little handheld vac could take care of everything else.

My dog is a Newfoundland mix and sheds more than all of the cats put together, so I'm all about the fur control. I can't say enough good things about the Pet Hair Magnet. It gets fur off upholstery, curtains, bathroom rugs, everything. It's not perfect--nothing is--but it does a great job and you aren't throwing away a million little tape sheets a day (save those for your clothes!). If it doesn't take care of everything, I use the vacuum after, but it does pick up more hair than the vac will. Pet Hair Magnet

I know people who have used the Pet Hair Sponge and had good results, I've not tried it myself Pet Sponge Pet Hair Remover
You may want to pick up one of these to help with the brushing issue. Feline Fantasy Brush

For your curtains, I'd pull them down periodically (after de-furring them the best you can) and run them through the drier on the Air cycle a few times, cleaning the lint trap often. That seems to help quite a bit.

I look forward to swapping "multiple cats in Airstream" stories with you!
Fiamma is offline   Reply With Quote