Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #1

newbie says Hi

Greetings friends,
My wife and I are living in our '66 Overlander while our rural Iowa farm home is being refurbished. We are managing quite well, but we miss our 'soft water'. I expect to replace the subflooring in the rear utility compartment and bathroom; to make our unit road worthy. We'd really appreciate any tips about flooring & toilet replacement!
Best Wishes,
DIYer Larry
l&j-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Hi Larry, Welcome to the forums! Great that you have the Overlander to live in until your house is ready, and then can take your Airstream out on the road. Check out the search button on the blue bar at the top of the page - lots of info there on floor and toilet replacement. Good luck and post some pictures when you get a chance - we LOVE pictures!
Old 09-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1964 28' Ambassador
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
Hi Larry, welcome to this wonderful site. You'll find some great tips from heads-up no no's to the improvement and enjoyment of your trailer. You even might get to meet some really nice people. I've only been posting for oh, maybe 3 posts, but had a chance to meet and visit AzFlyFishr and lovely wife. He looked at the floor in my trailer and saved me hundreds of dollars and countless hours of work I didn't need to do! Hope you have the same experience.
Ambie '64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Another welcome to you Larry. A Forums member has found a valuable resource in an RV tech in your area. This person used to work at Fogdall's. He evidently knows Airstreams very well. He might help if you get in a bind. I know I did -- I had my strong points but met my, um, Waterloo on some furnace and hot water issues. I have asked her to look in on this thread.

[on edit:] I found it. Take a look here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/95742-post8.html Elizabeth? Anything more to add? Thanks to all!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
You did a great job coming up with that last post! We've been traveling since Labor Day, only now got home. Chucked the internet this time, while gone, no more addictions! But it's coming back to me why I was addicted... But I'm sure Ryan can help out in many ways.

Elizabeth in Iowa