Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #1

Campbellton , New Brunswick
Smile Newbie from New Brunswick

Hi Folks

I am from old School Camping sleeping on the ground in a tent! But now at the age of 44 i am tired of the cold damp ground so i am looking at buying a 19ft Bambi in two yrs!
Can any one give me help on what is the best vehicle to toe a 19ft Bambi? I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu which ill have to get rid of to toe a airstream, I dont want to go to a large gas guzzler but i want something that will toe the Bambi easy.
any ideas!
also do most dealers have a finance program and how long do they allow you to finance for.

Cheers
James
myairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Hi James,

Welcome to Air Forums as we're glad to have you with us. You'll find plenty of advice and opinion on TV (Tow Vehicle) selection. You can use the http://www.airforums.com/forums/search.php function to assist you in locating archival material to read while you wait for replies to your question. My bet is that you'll also get feedback on your financing question.

Glad to have you with us and good luck in your search.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
You have lots of options with a 19' trailer, almost any mid size SUF with a tow option, or any pickup truck will tow that size trailer.

We love our Ford Flex, it looks great and would make a good tow vehicle for a 19' and a great daily driver. Mine has the EcoBoost so we get good non-towing fuel mileage (11L/100Km city), much better mileage than the Toyota Tundra, however we like having the Pickup Bed and Tonneau when we're camping and I can't put a canoe on my Flex because of the sunroofs.

Good luck with your purchase!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Niagara-on-the-Lake-20120516-00177.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	498.8 KB
ID:	166341  
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote