Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #1

1999 25' Safari
valdez , Alaska
Newbie from Alaska

Hello forum,

Very excited to find this forum and am looking forward to learning a great deal about my airstream. My wife and I live in Valdez, Alaska and have a 99 Safari 25' Airstream. We moved up to Alaska from New Mexico last year. After the long journey our Airstream suffered some problems from the Alaska-Canada highway. The bumps played a number on the overhead kitchen cabinets (seperating from the ceiling, not level now, will not close properly), bathroom sliding door (Overhead rail seperating from the ceiling will not slide close now), and the slide out pantry (broke the cabinet slides (can not reinstall need to replace slide mechanism). I need to get these items fixed and any help would be great. I am going to post some pictures soon on the repair forum. Any Airstreams coming to Alaska should come to Valdez for the best salmon and halibut fishing around. In the winter we do average 20+ feet of snow in town but the skiing and snowmobiling is great.

Glad to meet everyone.
ryan
Zeusers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Hello and Welcome Ryan,

I remember the first look I got of Alaska. We were landing at Ted Stevens airport around dusk in late February of 05. The sun, snow and mountains were spectacular.

But being a Southern Boy I never knew what Cold was.... Till then!

Welcome again and we look forward to your participation.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
Welcome, Ryan. Small world story about to unfold... I'm from NM and frequent Alaska, including Valdez for the past three summers. My friend, Rick Wade has lived there for eternity and would be a good contact for you should you need anything fixed. Although he's not an Airstreamer, he'll know where to go, just tell him Art Flynn referred you to him. Rick runs R&R salvage/dive shop.

I'm in the UAE for the next year, so I will not be up there this summer, but I look forward to being there in 2011.

Again, welcome to the forum - there's nothing that can't be answered here...

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote