Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #1

1975 31' Sovereign
Washoe Valley , Nevada
newbie - 75 Sovereign

Hi I'm a new member and a new owner. Just bought a 1975 sovereign 31 foot with rear bath. The interior is in good shape no leaks. Got a great deal from mom and dad. They bought it for a project but now my mom is tired of it being in the driveway. (They have a fancy rv that is also in the driveway.) So I don't know if any of the appliances work. I've always wanted a bambi but in this economy I may end up living in it so a little more room may come in handy. I have to wait for them to empty it. It's been a storage shed for the last year or so. Then it's all mine to play with. Can't wait. I need a reliable truck to haul but for now we have an old ford F250, a fullsize caravan 1500 and a friends F250 that is in better shape and newer than our beater. I'm all for strapping it to the van but not my primary vehicle so I have no say Anyway I'm excited to be here. Can't wait til I have something interesting to say.
gammaslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hey, welcome to Airforum, gamma!

I'm sure that once you get the Sov cleared out and start trying things, like the appliaances for example, you'll have lots of questions.

Here's one for you: did your 'rents get an owners manual with the trailer? If not, get one and fast. It makes a good read, and you'll hit the ground running, once the trailer is empty and ready for fun.

Oh, and hit that return key a few more times, it makes it easier for Olde Pharts like me to read a paragraph that has some "air" around it.

Cheers,
Aage
Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Welcome to the world of the Sovereign. We have a 76 and have enjoyed the extra room it offers. We have a 24ft Argosy that is good for some road trips, but there is nothing like a Sovereign for "living" in. We pull ours with an '07 F150, 5.4L V8, without any strain. We have a Tundra 4.7L V8, but it seems to work too hard pulling this 31footer to make me feel comfortable. Strange as it sounds, the Tundra does a much softer job of pulling the Argosy. Airstreams like a gentle ride, so don't get carried away with a huge tow vehicle. Be sure to repack the wheel bearing and check the tires before you pull your new toy anywhere. Check for rear frame sag and axel proplems here on the Forum too. Get all the information you can before you take him out on the road. Welcome to our world.....it's a fun trip.