Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #1

1977 24' Argosy 24
Mount Airy , North Carolina
Smile Newbie

Greetings Airstreamers, I'm a new member to your community. I was referred by Richard T from Bat Cave, NC. I'm located in Mount Airy, NC (Mayberry) and last fall bought a '77 Argosy in need of some TLC. Shortly thereafter I injured my back and haven't really been able to accomplish much. I have a new refridgerator, range, and furnace, but they are still in the boxes. I'm guessing that I'll also have to replace the A/C. I have a modern converter w/battery minder also. Actually what bothers me the most right now is that none of the windows will open, all are stuck fast. If anyone can offer any advice on that now, it would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to get acquainted with other Airstreamers in my part of the country. Thanks for spending the time to read all this, Jack Byrd
greywolf200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hi and welcome. Argosys are COOL! Use the search tool on the blue tool bar to look for help on specific topics. What size is the Argosy?

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Congratulations on the coach and welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about your back. I have no clue about your windows. You might try using the search feature (located on horizontal blue bar near top of page), it is clunky and not particularly user friendly, but if you have enough patience you can usally find what you need. It would be great if you could post some pics of your trailer so we could all see it

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:04 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums. We are planning a trip down your way in a couple weeks hold the nice weather for us.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #5
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Hi, Jack,

Try spraying some "PB Blaster" through the window screen at the latches. Erm... that is, if you don't have the plastic screens! That's what I used to get the latches unstuck on my Argosy in 1992.

Lamar
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
This may be a stupid thing to say, but it's coming from someone who has done it, so I guess it's all right. Have you turned the little thingys that hold the window shut? Sometimes I try to open mine without remembering to do that. I do have one window that won't open because that lock won't turn. I know you can take them off and work with them with Naval Jelly to loosen them up then reinstall them. Welcome to the forum, always happy to have new Argosy owners. I have always wanted to get another Airstream after owning one years ago, but "settled" for an Argosy. Now I've purchased a vintage 1958 Overlander and frankly can't get interested in redoing this big silver thing. My little cream colored Argosy is just so cute, I think I'll sell the 58 and see about finding a longer Argosy.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Member in Mt Airy, NC

Hi and welcome to the forums. I am not too far away from you. I live near Hickory, NC. Mountain Man and his wife have an Argosy and they are from Colletsville, NC. Glad to have another Argosy with a second chance at life in the area. You will find the people and forums very helpful. Kev
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote