Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Kelowna , BC
newBee...get over it...

Jes' following the prods and saying "Hi!" (after watching the "Billy" flash...now I'm skeerd ). Been checking out Airstreams for only a brief while. Refurbed a 35-yr old Bailey caravan and decided that it's now time to move up in the world. Remembered the Airstreams (and my parents' "ooo...ahhh") when I was a kid in the back seat en route to the camp grounds. Time to fulfill a dream...
Looking for something between 24' - 31'. Reading as much as I can on them, calling folks, checking out fleabay...regularly, and slowly watchng my addiction grow. Lovely wife says, "Do the research." Will scout out the forum. Glad it's here.
bdezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
welcome. You will find lots to research here to help you make an informed decision. Be sure to check out the photos section too for some great ideas in redoing the AS when you get it.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Welcome bdezz! Kelowna is my home town! Be sure to check out www.craigslist.com as well. There are several listed in the Vancouver and Victoria areas. Also www.buysell.com has several listed (although I've seen the 23 footer listed in Surrey and it's not worth exploring).
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
Argosy/Airstream since 79

1989 29' Excella
Newport , Oregon
Welcome to the forums!

We've made "many a trip" to Kelowna, and enjoyed every one of them. Is the Lakeside RV Park still there on Cook Road? I was recommending some campgrounds to 3ms75argosy last night, but I couldn't find a listing for it. It was next to Hiawatha Campground.

Anyway, good luck on your search; posting here gets you in touch with thousands in both Canada and the US, and usually a pretty quick response.

jim
OreExcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Hiawatha is still there on Lakeshore Road.

http://www.hiawatharvpark.com/

I found this for Lakeside RV. It was there the last time I was in town.

Address of Lakeside RV Park:
654 Cook Rd,
Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada, V1W 3G7

Phone of Lakeside RV Park:
(250) 860-4072
Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Classifieds

Don't forget to check the classifieds here and on airstream.com too.

Welcome to the forums.

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Kelowna , BC
Many thanks!

Just got back from camping late yesterday and decided (before I get some work done) that I'd check back in here. Thanks to all of you for your helpful hi's and hints. Got a line on a '82 28' here in town that we're going to scope out tomorrow hopefully. "Needs a little work" (wonder what that really means )...we'll see and I'll let you know.

Cameron, you're fast on the draw with the quick answer about Lakeside. Good on you. We've been hanging out at a place called Beaverlake Resort (http://www.beaverlakeresort.com/). Adrian, the Swiss owner, is a down-to-earth guy, serving up great hospitality and espresso (my kind of campsite! ). Bumpy to get to, but worth the cooler temps and great relaxation zone. Maybe once we get our AS we'll venture farther abroad! Hah! Be back later.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Wow! Beaver Lake has really changed! I used to spend a lot of time up there, and all over the Dee Lakes Chain, flyfishing throught the late 70's through 80's. It wasn't quite so developed. If I recall there was the main lodge and a few cabins.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Kelowna , BC
the 27' 28 footer

Went and checked out the '82 "28 ft". Turns out to be 27'. That's OK. But a project. Floors stripped and creative doorway to the rear bath. Mid-bed turned into a collapsable 2-person breakfast nook (single bed). No stablizer jacks or tanks or knobs for the windows. Few other odds & ends in need of touching up. Fridge/stove/AC work. Skin was fine and tires like new. $7500 CDN. I figure about $4000 too much. But what do I know? Any takers? Any suggestions? I would prefer NOT another project...got enuff of them already, thank you. Anyway, still looking.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdezz
Went and checked out the '82 "28 ft". Turns out to be 27'. That's OK. But a project. Floors stripped and creative doorway to the rear bath. Mid-bed turned into a collapsable 2-person breakfast nook (single bed). No stablizer jacks or tanks or knobs for the windows. Few other odds & ends in need of touching up. Fridge/stove/AC work. Skin was fine and tires like new. $7500 CDN. I figure about $4000 too much. But what do I know? Any takers? Any suggestions? I would prefer NOT another project...got enuff of them already, thank you. Anyway, still looking.
For that price you should be able to get a 70's Tradewind or Overlander in nice shape. Keep an eye on the uy and Sell as well as Craigslist for the Vancouver area. They are out there, you just have to keep vigilant.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Kelowna , BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120
For that price you should be able to get a 70's Tradewind or Overlander in nice shape. Keep an eye on the uy and Sell as well as Craigslist for the Vancouver area. They are out there, you just have to keep vigilant.
Kind of what I was thinking, too. Thanks. Will keep looking.