Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #1

1973 25' Tradewind
Dartmouth , Nova Scotia
New-to-me Airstream and big plans! Help?

Hello to all and thanks for all the great info on this site! Have visited a few times over the last year as I've been dreaming about finally getting myself an Airstream. Well guess what? Santa was EXCELLENT to me this year! (I don't think he was watching me very closely to be honest.) My gal Erin bought me a '73 Land Yacht 25 footer for us to renovate and ready for this years scooter rally here in Nova Scotia (vintage Lambrettas and Vespas). It is a REAL project and needs a total refit. But learning more about it I'm starting to get really attached to the dated decor and moldy smell. I have figured out through the info on some of your threads and interpretting the VIN that it is indeed a 1973 Land Yacht 25' built in Ohio. What I can't figure out is weather it's a Tradewind or Caravanner. Any help on this one?

I'll be picking it up from it's current home in the spring and then start the renovations. Can't wait!

Talk soon,

Trevor
Trevor B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
Congrats, Trevor! You've got a great gal there! And what sounds like what will be one great trailer!

That's fun about the scooter rally. Brad and I have a Triumph Tigress (250cc) and Tina (125cc) and they are so coooool!

I'm sorry I don't know anything to answer your question, but wait a little bit and you'll have some answers.

Welcome to Airstream, and to the AirForums!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Trevor,

According to RJ Dial's picture archive: Vintage Airstream Photo Archives 1973 did not have a Caravanner only a Tradewind. Please post a serial number, that may help. Caravanners are recognized by more windows than the Tradewind.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Bertram , Texas
Congrats! Hope all goes well. Good combo, Airstreams and vintage scooters. I've owned a Vespa (think it was a 58) and a Lambretta (63) and a Fuji Industries Rabbit 90 (67 I think) and wish I had one of em now

The 25 is a lot more tow friendly I expect than my 31. Get us some pics of your new new baby..and the scooter

Rob N Tery
Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
As others have stated, it is most likely a Trade Wind. The big difference between a Caravanner and a TW is the interior. The TW has a defined front area (kitchen and sofa), a middle area (twin beds or double bed) and a rear area (bathroom). The Caravanna has two section. A large front section (kitchen and 2 sofas) and a rear section (bathroom). The Caravanners are sometimes refereed to party trailers because of the number of people you could have in the front section. The Vintage Photo site says they were made in the late 70's, but as we found out recently, nothing is perfect. The one I have seen was a 76.

Post some pictures when you can.

Santa never brought me a trailer.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
Post some pix, they'd be cool to see.