Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1973 21' Globetrotter
1975 26' Argosy 26
Vista , California
new to forums - argosy 26

Hi all
I just bought a 75 argosy 26,my wife and I ,were going to build our own motor home,from a bus. Then we saw an argosy,we love the rounded look and had to have one. So now I have so much to do, I dont know where to stat. I want to fix the in dash AC by summer, redo the back into a queen bed, replace the thermostat in the frige ,repair the gas gauge ,replace the floor covering, new curtins, seat covers, and on and on.wish me luck.Hope 'you' have lots of advice for me I will need it.

Bibbs
bibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forums! This is the place to find all things Airstream! I suggest looking at the top blue toolbar and try out the search button for Argosy and maybe the topic you are interested in, such as "bed", etc. Argosy's have a little different construction than the "standard" aluminum Airstream, I believe the entire interior walls are fiberglass... but I am no expert!

Anyway, welcome and enjoy your new toy!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hi Bibbs,
I'm afraid I can't offer much in the way of Argosy advice. I did want to welcome you to the forums. I know there are lots of people here to answer your questions.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:03 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbs
Hi all
I just bought a 75 argosy 26,my wife and I ,were going to build our own motor home,from a bus. Then we saw an argosy,we love the rounded look and had to have one. So now I have so much to do, I dont know where to stat. I want to fix the in dash AC by summer, redo the back into a queen bed, replace the thermostat in the frige ,repair the gas gauge ,replace the floor covering, new curtins, seat covers, and on and on.wish me luck.Hope 'you' have lots of advice for me I will need it.

Bibbs
Wecome to the forum! Argosy 26 eh, very nice. My AC was not working in my 20' all it needed was a charge. I lucked out.

Looking forward to photos
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up Arg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbs
Hi all
I just bought a 75 argosy 26...wish me luck.Hope 'you' have lots of advice for me I will need it.

Bibbs
Way to go Bibbs! Nice ride! Just like when you buy a cell phone, when you buy an Airstream you get "The Network". If you have a repair issue someone here has already fixed that problem or upgraded that item and is anxious to share their expertise. I hope that you get to enjoy camping soon. GOOD LUCK!

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1973 21' Globetrotter
1975 26' Argosy 26
Vista , California
hi everybody
I am just learning my way around the forums,I want to thank you for the warm greatings. Its a good feeling to have such a vast resourse. My, AC---
I think i know where the compresser would be,But there are no brackets,in fact all thats left is the dryer and the evaporater. where do I look for brackets,The rest i can find,localy.I will go camping a few times before thats fixed.

bibbs
bibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

« Help! | Top | New Member »