Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Napa , California
New to Airstream Forum

Hi All,
From Napa, California. Just starting to look for the right Airstream, for my wife and I, including Tyler, our yellow lab. Feel like a kid in a candy store, great looking Airstreams out there. Presently, in the education stage. One question that has presented itself, "How does an Airstream International CCD 22' differ from a Classic 22'? Does the notation of International mean anything specific?"

Thanks for being here and look forward to the hunt, repairing, and traveling in an Airstream. Do love that aluminium.
Indianchief1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hi Chief,
Welcome! Nice to have another member here, and prospective buyer.
Are you thinking newer or older? If used, the classified section has quite a few offerings of various years.
Glad to have you,
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
Napa , California
Looking

HI Dave,

If I can locate a good used Airstream with mainly cosmetic need, this would be preferred. Looking at the 16' to 22'. Then something to pull with.

Greg
Old 01-14-2008, 01:13 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
There are a few in the vintage section of the forum classifieds - in fact I have one for sale there. It's a 21' Globetrotter. There are others there as well, in various conditions and price ranges.
Good luck in your search,
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:45 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Let us know some more about your intended Airstream use. We can give further suggestions as to the right Airstream.

Both the International and the CCD are tricked out Safaris. I'm really not sure what the differences are between the International and the CCD.

Start looking in the classifieds on these Forums, and also take a look on Ebay to start getting an idea of what the different Airstreams are going for. I would also suggest going by an Airstream dealer, and walk through the new Airstreams. This will better educate you as to what's out there.

As to a tow vehicle, decide on your Airstream first. Then get the appropriate tow TV.

Good luck in your search.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:36 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianchief1
Hi All,
"How does an Airstream International CCD 22' differ from a Classic 22'?
Smallest Classic model is the 25 footer.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
The Classic has a lot of real wood inside. The International is laminate. The Safari is the into model for new AS owners. The Classic is the larger, heavier model and the International is in the middle. The CCD model of the International means it is one of those designer models by Christopher C. Dean that came out in 2002, I believe. AS has made some changes in the colors of the CCD over the years - the Ocean Breeze is also an International model. When my wife and I were looking for our first AS, we didn't like the lighter weight and colors of the Safari model - and we weren't interested in a 25' - the smallest of the Classics. That left the International as our model of choice - we really liked the Paprika color scheme. We looked and looked - finally finding one in Columbus, OH. We went in to make our puchase, so excited, sat in it again and were walking to the office to sign papers. "One more look at the Ocean Breeze?" asked my wife. So we detoured, climbed in, sat, talked, looked, talked and decided we needed to sleep on this decision one more night. We made our lists and talked some more at home. Next day we returned to the AS dealer and purchased the 25' Ocean Breeze and have never been more excited about a purchase in our lives. Can't wait for spring to get here. We added the Tropics Room to our AS - a screened in porch that attaches to the side of the TT giving us additional sitting space outside, yet protected from insects, flies, mosquitoes, and whatever else might be there. Please bring spring early this year!
Prodigy Brake Controller
REMEMBER, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool,
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #8

Currently Looking...
Napa , California
New to the Forum and Airstream

Thanks for the great welcome. To answer some of your questions, we plan to have two with a lab. At times there will be four. Mainly travel on the west coast but would like to take it cross country.

Found a 2006 International AS 22' for sale in good condition, asking price $34,000. Comes with great options and offered at Colonial Airstream. Not sure about the price, nor the trailer, just starting to hunt and learn about what is out there. Not sure if we can afford a trailer for this ammount, until after a house remodel. Would feel more comfortable to educate myself on the different AS.

Pilgrim, are you pulling the Ocean Breeze with a 2004 Nissan Pathfinder?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Hi Indianchief1 and welcome in.

Before you plunk down money you really need to go to a dealership or Airstream Rally (there's one upcoming at Casini Ranch) and see if your comfortable in the bed and on the throne.

Some folks love and some hate the rear corner bed and the same goes for the corner bath. Really look into the floor plans as your comfort is based more on that than on length.

If you can find a restored or well maintained vintage unit you'll be well ahead dollarwise and wieghtwise. The new ones are heavier.

Go to the Airstream website and under the dealer locater you can get a list of the nearest dealers.

Good luck in your search.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Hi Chief,

Welcome to the forums.

Airstream also has a new model this year, the Safari Sport. They have 17' and 22' models. They are a little narrower, and lighter than the "standard" models and have less carrying capacity, but may fit your needs.

I got to see one this past weekend at an RV show and was impressed with the overall layout.

Here is a link to one at Airstream of Arkansas.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Welcome to the forums. Look around for the one that suits you. One suggestion, don't rule out a larger AS. It easy to run out of room. I understand not all folks need or want lots of room, but I love my 31'. Most of all, have fun and enjoy what you like.

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:30 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
orlando , New Mexico, Utah, Colorado
I'm new to AS with a 25' Safari. It's a great size for me and one other person, but I'd hate to fit a dog in here on rainy days. If you spend any more time then sleeping in a 22 footer, you may get cramped, fast. You may also want storage place inside for camping stuff, like chairs, etc. The CCDs are really nice, if I only had the money!

WBCCI #3841
jacarape is offline   Reply With Quote