Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Phoenix , Arizona
New streamers from Vermont

I've been lurking and learning for awhile and it is time for introductions.

We are Bob, a professional fine art woodturner; Dianne, retired from IBM; and Hoi and Dahli, Tibetan terriers of 14 and 16 years ... BD and TTs. We have traveled quite a bit since 2002 in our 16 foot Scamp fiberglass trailer, mostly cross country. This summer we decided to consider our trailer as a second home, but it needed to be larger and a bit more comfortable ... Airstream was of course the solution.

After looking thru the northeast and considering a 20 foot Safari and a used 22 foot International, we found a perfect fit for us ... a never before owned 2005 22' CCD. We call him Bandit. Drove to Ohio to pick it up, and combined the trip with a visit to relatives and friends in Virginia. A week's worth of camping under our belts already.

Look for future posts on increasing battery storage and attaching our 75 watt solar panel, ideas for converting the front bed to an L-couch/bed, and suggestions for improving the heat distribution to water lines in the 22'.
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

https://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Two Tibetan Terriers. Terrific!!

Not many have such wonderful dogs. Ours, Chelsea, will be 15 on Christmas Eve. She and all her siblings were born on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Welcome to the Forums.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Look into the WBCCI New England Unit!

Join our Airstream club, you will not be disappointed.

We are a fun loving group of Airstream owners who enjoy camping and traveling together!

Next planned camping event is our March 2007 "Rig or Rent" in Freedom, NH, then after that we have the "Chilly Man" Rally at Salisbury Beach State Reservation in MA in the middle of April 2007.

PM me for additional info.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
A big welcome to our new friends in Vermont. You'l' really enjoy these Forums. Get out there and show that Airstream off.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome from a California leaf-peeper! We were in VT a year ago and loved it.
This site is such a great support system - questions answered, occasional humor, occasional cat fight( ), so much information from folks who have "done that". Use the search funtion in the blue bar above. Enjoy your new trailer and happy camping.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:23 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your new Airstream! Awsome choice! Hope to see you on the road ~

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:24 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Congrats Bob, Dianne and four legged friends. You'll love the move up to Airstream. What a grand time of the year to get out there in your new rig. We hope to see you out on the road soon. Happy Trails
Old 10-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks for the welcome

Mike and Rosemary, Yes, Tibetans really are special dogs, and with the Airstream they are able to be with us all the time. That's especially comforting now that they are getting older.

Michelle and Leon, I've heard good things about your unit. It's great to hear that you'll be out camping early in the season. As you know, March is sugar on snow time in our area, and April is mud season -- might be a good idea to escape if the first 2.5 miles of dirt road are passable.

It's great to know that as we travel across the country, we'll have so many instant friends. We might catch sight of you in Florida during late winter this year, and have tentative plans for a west coast trip in 2008! See ya then!
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

Old 10-26-2006, 04:49 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDandTTs
I've been lurking and learning for awhile and it is time for introductions.

We are Bob, a professional fine art woodturner; Dianne, retired from IBM; and Hoi and Dahli, Tibetan terriers of 14 and 16 years ... BD and TTs. We have traveled quite a bit since 2002 in our 16 foot Scamp fiberglass trailer, mostly cross country. This summer we decided to consider our trailer as a second home, but it needed to be larger and a bit more comfortable ... Airstream was of course the solution.

After looking thru the northeast and considering a 20 foot Safari and a used 22 foot International, we found a perfect fit for us ... a never before owned 2005 22' CCD. We call him Bandit. Drove to Ohio to pick it up, and combined the trip with a visit to relatives and friends in Virginia. A week's worth of camping under our belts already.

Look for future posts on increasing battery storage and attaching our 75 watt solar panel, ideas for converting the front bed to an L-couch/bed, and suggestions for improving the heat distribution to water lines in the 22'.
Dianne & Bob--Nice to hear from some other new forum members from Vermont. I'm from Mendon, VT. I lurked for two years, absorbing info before I joined.

I did two rallies this year with the New England Unit, and decided to join. They're an active, interesting, fun-loving group. Welcome. Gail
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:28 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Welcome from a fellow New Englander. We have a chocolate lab, "Moose", and others in the New England unit have dogs also. This club is lots of fun. Hope to see you soon.

Bob & Carla & Moose
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:47 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Welcome Vermonters!! As you probably saw, you just missed our Columbus Day rally in Vermont. But hey, you already know what a beautiful state you live in and what a great one for camping and rallying!

Have fun with the new 22'.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Welcome!

Lots of great ideas and people here. Have fun with the new unit!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:24 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Welcome Dianne and Bob. When we were searching we wanted a CCD 19 ft.
Living in New York State where Airstreams are almost unknown we could not locate one and make the necessary pick-up arrangements. We wanted to get a travel trailer and Airstream was the one we really wanted. When we saw an ad for an older GT only 100 miles away...we could not resist. Since joining the Forum we have learned a great deal and made many friends. We may decide to go CCD soon. You've made a grand selection. ENJOY. Anne
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks again for the welcome

Thanks to all of you for the hearty welcome. We'd like to attend a rally next season, I'll try to keep updated about the New England unit through this forum. Can't wait until camping season arrives again.

We really like Bandit (the Airstream), and made our first additons yesterday ... hooks to hang coats and long rods attached to the upper front of overhead cabinets for drying wet stuff when we're not in the trailer. It's a start.

Anne, we also envy you for finding your classic Airstream. Bob would really like to have an older unit. I've read that several enthusiasts have multiple Airstreams, maybe someday he'll get his wish.
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

Old 10-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
West Chazy , New York
Hi Bob & Dianne,

We are new members too and it seems that we are North Country Neighbors. Just a short ferry ride across the lake in NY. We frequent VT on a regular basis and have camped there several times. We have 2 Norwegian Forest Cats that should be calm enough by next season to travel with us, but then again- who knows! Anyway, maybe we can get together somethime next season.
WBCCI 2623
romap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Welcome B and D

I would have a hard time deciding if I would take a Scamp or an Airstream on a cross country trip. I think it would depend on how long
I was staying.
Does Scamp make a 34 footer? ( kidding) Dave
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:00 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Welcome!

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth of welcome. My wife, Avis, and I recently joined the Airstream family by purchasing a 2006, 19' Bambi Safari. We have named her Roscinante after Don Quixote's horse and John Steinbeck's camper.

Previously we had a T@B teardrop trailer. Loved it but the more we camped the smaller it became it seemed. Nice to have the shower, inside cooking (our T@B was a clamshell with the galley in the rear).

We pick up our Roscinante on Friday next week and are heading up to Cloverdale, CA for its maiden voyage and shakedown. Our friends are going to help us break it in, show up the ropes, etc. Another couple we camp with just bought a new Fifth Wheel. Nice rig but I'll take our Airstream any day.

Again, welcome and good luck with your trailer.

Jerry

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Airstreams generate new friends it seems ...

Bet you can't wait for next Friday, Jerry and Avis! Although small units like we've both had before offer a lot of luxury compared to a tent or pop-up, you'll really feel pampered in your new Bambi. Let us know how the shake-down goes. Although we uncovered a number of little problems, mostly cosmetic, during our first week of camping, none affected our safety or enjoyment.

Dave, we really liked our Scamp and used it for several l o n g trips across country. Behind our Titan, you hardly knew it was there (only 2mpg hit). However, with the dogs there just was not enough floor space for all of us to move around at once ... and I've always wanted an Airstream. We figure Bandit gives us twice as much total space, twice as much weight, and cost three times as much, but we are happy.

Ron, we would like to start some close to home camping during next summer ... why leave the North Country from June thru August? It would be great to meet you on the road. The Adirondacks or Vermont! Would you consider North Beach camping right in Burlington? It's on Lake Champlain, connnected to the bike path, and about a half mile from downtown. We have kayaks, and sailboat rentals are also available. Wish it was summer, but at least it was sunny today.
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

Old 10-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Welcome, nice country up there! We have a camp not that far from the VT border, spend our spare time there. Hope to see you at a Rally Next season!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
West Chazy , New York
Hi Dianne,We considered North Beach two years ago and decided it was too "close in" so to speak. *Lake Champlain holds no special attraction for us as we had a cruiser before our Airstream and either anchored or tied up at one of the many marinas (camping on the water!).We prefer the smaller lakes in remote locations and somtimes bring our small 16' boat for exploring if there is a launch ramp nearby and we are not traveling too far - traveling with two tow vehicles gets expensive with gas prices what they are.There is a really nice NY State campground (electric, but only a water source and dump station) located not far from Massena on the St. Lawrence. *Coles Creek State Park, if you are interested in something in Northern NY. *Lake Dunsmore in VT is also very nice too. *But, if you want to travel for 7 hours, go to Watkins Glen, NY. Stunning adventure awaits in the gorge, Seneca Lake is nice and if you like wine, the region has some of the best wineries in the state.Can't wait for next season!
WBCCI 2623
romap is offline   Reply With Quote